Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like Nokta /Makro has answered Our every wish WOW

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like Nokta /Makro has answered Our every wish WOW
December 25, 2014 06:49PM
what a beautiful machine I grabbed this off their forum...

Steve was first to Eagle Eye it...Good catch Steve!

And Lawrenzo e-mailed the Want list we went over the other day on the CoRe to them and they said theres a new one in the works with such features!...I'll SAY!!

if its as good as the CoRe/Gold in better ergonomic package then EVERYONE needs to take heed...

This is just what we were talking about 2 days ago wanting them to build and Presto..

Looks like has the trigger switch and headphone jack in the back of rod...and some kind of substantial display..

Im beyond Intereseted and excited at this unit I see..

Seems to be called the Racer from Makro...Hope it retains the CoRe sensitivity PLUS MORE!!

My hold off on the Core was a few mechanical/Ergonmoic layout quips here and there but all mechanical quips look taken care of from this pic...

I do hope it comes in a Pro Pack...Where can I order LOL!!

May I say SWEET looking unit!

Merry Christmas I say!!

Keith

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2014 07:18PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Looks like Nokta /Macro has answered Our every wish WOW
December 25, 2014 06:55PM
I saw that a couple off days ago when they posted it.
Re: Looks like Nokta /Macro has answered Our every wish WOW
December 25, 2014 06:58PM
I'm interested. Need to know when they will be available. Hopefully as good as the Cors Fore that Keith tested. Thank Keith
Re: Looks like Nokta /Makro has answered Our every wish WOW
December 25, 2014 07:59PM
Hi Keith,

I was half joking when I asked Nokta about the detector in the picture. I figured just a Christmas card thing, you know? I was shocked to hear it is new product on the way soon. This company is moving with speed unheard of in this industry in taking customer feedback and then turning it into product. With all due respect to XP I am not talking about software updates. I am talking nuts and bolts hardware issues. We mention left hands, a left handed FORS appears. We mention rocker switch issues, membrane switches appear. They listen and if it makes sense and is reasonably possible they implement at warp speed. Their engineering staff must be tied to an extremely efficient manufacturing facility that can do things in weeks that takes US manufacturers months if not years. One thing I will warn people right now. If you hate buying something and then seeing a better version within a few months, this company could drive you crazy. It will be interesting to see how they handle that issue. Me, I want new models before I get the wrapper off what I have got. I am tired of waiting YEARS for any company to deliver minor upgrades I want.

Oh, hey, and they communicate openly with us! In better English than most of us speak!!

I wish I could buy stock in this company. They are going places.
December 25, 2014 08:23PM
That detector looks nice...i think i will wait for my next purchase til that comes out
December 25, 2014 08:46PM
Now that's a sharp looking machine............just give me a reason to sell off my Tesoro Bandido II umax and not look forward to seeing the Cazador.

Have to say, the Notka/Makro detectors could be a new favorite and it really looks like folks are now taking a good hard look at detectors made overseas.

If they make a small 6-7" coil for the Racer for coin and jewelry hunting that would be awesome.

Going to see how many pennies I have saved up.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 25, 2014 08:54PM
I am definitely interested but I am one of those that the update thing would drive nuts.i think it's great that they do updates quickly as needed but I also think if a person buys a unit new Nokia/makro should be willing to guarantee people their units will be updated as long as it's under warranty or at least 1 year or something. I would be more willing to buy a unit knowing that I wouldn't be upset in a few months because they updated the model I had just bought. I am digging that racer !!!!

Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Keith,
>
> I was half joking when I asked Nokta about the
> detector in the picture. I figured just a
> Christmas card thing, you know? I was shocked to
> hear it is new product on the way soon. This
> company is moving with speed unheard of in this
> industry in taking customer feedback and then
> turning it into product. With all due respect to
> XP I am not talking about software updates. I am
> talking nuts and bolts hardware issues. We mention
> left hands, a left handed FORS appears. We mention
> rocker switch issues, membrane switches appear.
> They listen and if it makes sense and is
> reasonably possible they implement at warp speed.
> Their engineering staff must be tied to an
> extremely efficient manufacturing facility that
> can do things in weeks that takes US manufacturers
> months if not years. One thing I will warn people
> right now. If you hate buying something and then
> seeing a better version within a few months, this
> company could drive you crazy. It will be
> interesting to see how they handle that issue. Me,
> I want new models before I get the wrapper off
> what I have got. I am tired of waiting YEARS for
> any company to deliver minor upgrades I want.
>
> Oh, hey, and they communicate openly with us! In
> better English than most of us speak!!
>
> I wish I could buy stock in this company. They are
> going places.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2014 09:11PM by bigboar.
December 25, 2014 09:11PM
I think one thing we will see form the Racer line will be value for the money based on previous product releases...

Seems there will be two models of the Racer.

Racer Relic and Coin

Racer Gold

I hope its a CoRe with more options all at the fingertips..and MAYBE a user defined tone break option..

The large screen has My eye Too!!

Looks very ergonomic..and I can also say those coils are built very ridgid and strudy and epoxy filled but extremely light...

You Know what i relly like about it..the color scheme...it reminds me of the Turbo TEK in the 21st century..

Yes Steve NOKTA/MAKRO is like a breath of fresh air with their got get em attitude...

Amazing to see a company grow so fast with quality prodcuts with great tooling and technology combined...

the machine they are building right now looks like a machine other companys take years to evolve too....

Very cutting edge.....

I hope they have the 4.5x5.3 coil available for it...

Im already wanting to get Hold of the Racer...

I know what the CoRe can do and this just looks the businees if you ask me...

Keith
December 25, 2014 09:43PM
Ha, ha, that's funny Keith. I told them I thought red might not go over all that well and mentioned you specifically. "Keith is going to want all black" said I. And you like the red!

Well, it is a racer so why not racing stripes? Would not be the first time I was wrong - what say the rest of you?

My hope is it shares coils with FORS series but I have no idea if it will or not. Great, really great coils, the best I have laid hands on and I have handled a lot of coils. Very light for the size but stout. That little coil is killer.

Since the FORS Gold is just a feature limited CoRe I see no need for a Racer version unless it is less expensive or offers a feature the other model lacks that nugget hunters would crave. The bar is low for me, just stuff the CoRe in this box and I will be happy. Anything extra in features or performance would be over the top. Like that variable tone break, but I have to say my FORS Gold has nailed the break point I would probably use anyway. But we all know what works for me may not work for others. If I had to choose an iron volume would be higher on my wish list.

Looks like I won't be wanting that new G2 after all. You snooze, you lose!
December 25, 2014 09:47PM
Wow! It's got my attention!!!!
December 25, 2014 11:35PM
Sven1 Wrote:
> Now that's a sharp looking machine............just
> give me a reason to sell off my Tesoro Bandido II
> umax and not look forward to seeing the Cazador.
>
> Have to say, the Notka/Makro detectors could be a
> new favorite and it really looks like folks are
> now taking a good hard look at detectors made
> overseas.
>
> If they make a small 6-7" coil for the Racer for
> coin and jewelry hunting that would be awesome.
>
> Going to see how many pennies I have saved up.

Sven1 watch what ya wish for with this company....you'll get it unlike others it seems lol

Research led me to the CoRe over the 75 then the new CoRe coming this Jan. and now this. Boy I'm glad it's winter now, don't make the wait seem as bad.
December 26, 2014 12:15AM
Thats Funny Steve..

But I do find the color scheme quite appealing...but all black would not hurt my feelings non LOL!!

Keith
December 26, 2014 12:19AM
Makro is owned by Niokta, are they going to make entry level units or compete with the Niokta flagship or design a new machine like the one in the photo that will do it all and improve their CoRe?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 12:59AM by Lawrenzo.
December 26, 2014 12:42AM
Where you been Lowboy? Do not think they are cosidered low end,lol. Hell, from what I hear, its very high quality...including the detector bag.
December 26, 2014 12:53AM
I'm talking about the company they just bought Makro!! I am wondering if they are going to start out with an entry level unit and not a new flagship...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 02:27AM by Lawrenzo.
December 26, 2014 01:00AM
Oh...not sure. I think Makro founder is related?? Anyway,pretty exciting seeing a company so determined to grab the bull by the horns!
December 26, 2014 01:23AM
Keith said "You Know what i relly like about it..the color scheme...it reminds me of the Turbo TEK in the 21st century.. "

That was my thoughts at first also.
Almost looks like it may be moisture proof with the headphone cap.

I would like to see some specs on it.

I may have to trade my new CF77 back in and try one out. But I will wait to know more for sure.

Tom in SC
December 26, 2014 01:30AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Makro is owned by Niokta, are they going to make
> entry level units or compete with the Niokta
> flagship or design a new machine like the one in
> the photo that will do it all and improve their
> CoRe?

Lowboy

Nokta just bought/merged with Makro

but

they are Brothers who ran the 2 different companies which have now become "one"

Makro doesn't have "entry level" machines in the sense of other manufacturers

the closest thing to it is their Makro CF77 which is basically a Nokta Fors Core stripped down slightly (strictly an audio only machine) VS the Fors Core by Nokta having a Screen/readout as well as a few other differences but it is a very good machine for the $$ from all I've seen

but mostly

their machines are (have been) more for the mining industry, scientific field, and the like ($4000 and up)

NOT toys! 3D imaging type machines than can map out in 3d what it sees 20 ft below the surface and the like

Once fully merged/combined with Nokta = WATCH OUT the rest of the industry/manufacturers!!
December 26, 2014 02:01AM
new F75LTD2 purchase now on hold. new version G2 purchase now on hold....

Nokta, put a USB port on it so we can upgrade the SW please, oh and I'll take an all-black unit, the red would get the attention of a sports car, no want....

cheers..
December 26, 2014 02:13AM
Good eye Tman!

Yes it may well be some sort of Weatherproofing......Lets hope it's not waterproof though...

Lawrenzo...

I would think this will be a above average professional type piece....There Im sure will be more costlier units on the Horizon just from the post Nokta/Makro has put out with a Vlf/P.I. Hybrid...IM READY FOR THAT...and also some sort of NEW VLF tech on the horizon between 2015-2017 releases...

So as the company evloves Im sure things will increase but for right now I would think what we see here would be the latest and best and theye top end machine even if its just a repackaged CoRe it will be a step up unit in terms of adjustability and user control comfort...so for now at least ill believe its a top shelf VLF for them....

now the hybrids may cost more and do more but they will not be for everyone so it will surely be in the specialty realm...but I believe what you see in the Racer will be there bread and butter unit for Makro ..and If I know how these guys treat their customers and the quality they try to stick too you will see a slick running professional contender unit...

All speculation on my part ...

Keith
December 26, 2014 02:25AM
tmanly Wrote:
> Keith said "You Know what i relly like about
> it..the color scheme...it reminds me of the Turbo
> TEK in the 21st century.. "
e out. But I will wait to know more for sure.
>
> Tom in SC

Funny exactly like I was thinking the first time I saw the picture, kind of hooked me....even thou I really don't like red.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 26, 2014 02:34AM
My dealer sells Makro detectors. He said he would see what he could find out and let me know. It may take him a while cause he is a backwoods guy.

I will share anything that I find out.

Tom in SC
December 26, 2014 04:29AM
WOW!! Really nice machine. Nokta/makro got the pedal to the metal gonna be leaving a lot of detectors in the dust with the quality/ performance of there machines. And superior customer service. I'm in! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these machines.
December 26, 2014 09:04AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> I was half joking when I asked Nokta about the
> detector in the picture. I figured just a
> Christmas card thing, you know? I was shocked to
> hear it is new product on the way soon. This
> company is moving with speed unheard of in this
> industry in taking customer feedback and then
> turning it into product. With all due respect to
> XP I am not talking about software updates. I am
> talking nuts and bolts hardware issues. We mention
> left hands, a left handed FORS appears. We mention
> rocker switch issues, membrane switches appear.
> They listen and if it makes sense and is
> reasonably possible they implement at warp speed.
> Their engineering staff must be tied to an
> extremely efficient manufacturing facility that
> can do things in weeks that takes US manufacturers
> months if not years. One thing I will warn people
> right now. If you hate buying something and then
> seeing a better version within a few months, this
> company could drive you crazy. It will be
> interesting to see how they handle that issue. Me,
> I want new models before I get the wrapper off
> what I have got. I am tired of waiting YEARS for
> any company to deliver minor upgrades I want.
>
> Oh, hey, and they communicate openly with us! In
> better English than most of us speak!!
>
> I wish I could buy stock in this company. They are
> going places.

Steve, thank you for all the nice comments including the one on the English. I am Turkish by origin but went to an American Middle-High School in Turkey and then lived in the USA for more than 15 years. I am also a US citizen. I believe it would be a shame if I could not write or speak English. But then again, you can tell that I am not an American when you speak to me. Just could not get rid of that accent:-) Anyway, back to the topic. I think it is better that I make a post below to answer some of the comments and questions.
December 26, 2014 09:29AM
Hello all.. This is Dilek - For those who do not know me - I am the Sales&Marketing Manager at Nokta.
As I have mentioned on Steve's forum, actually I am not supposed to be giving more info on the new Makro Racer but when I see posts, I cannot help it:-)

The new Makro Racer will have the same performance -if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant and lighter design.
It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold separately. We will also have optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit.

To answer some of the posts on Nokta and Makro - Nokta and Makro were owned by 2 brothers but they were totally independent manufacturers and funny but true they were competitors in a way. And both were growing companies. In the midst of our growth in 2011, we made a strategic move and we bought some shares of Makro. Nokta Detectors’ developing and manufacturing the Makro branded products along with Nokta products and the fast increasing brand awareness of both brands in the world market opened the door for these 2 companies to unite their forces and after long deliberations, Nokta Detectors completely bought out Makro Detectors in December 2014.

Nokta product line is currently distributed by Kellyco in Florida and Makro product line is distributed by Detector Electronics (www.metaldetector.com) in MA.

And yes we are working on a lot of new products and technologies - including entry level detectors, imaging systems, PI machines etc etc. Some projects will take longer than others but we will make it all happen with your support and feedbacks. Thank you all!!
December 26, 2014 09:44AM
Regarding the color - actually in the post card the red looks too bright..the actual color is a darker red - more like a bordeaux.

Instead of the black/red combination we were also thinking of black/dark gray combination ... we will see..if most customers around the world do not want the red, we can change it.

No problem for Nokta & Makro. At the end of the day, you are the users and you have the final say. This does not mean of course we can make every single request happen but we will honestly share with our customers what we can and what we cannot do. The only guarantee is that we will do our best to make you happy.
December 26, 2014 11:59AM
Dilek thanks so much for your response! Im certainly not used to companies posting in response to questions on forums...i myself really appreciate that.. Sounds like the racer will be my next detector.. Thanks again for opening my eyes. Have a great day!
December 26, 2014 12:07PM
racer for asap...black and grey sounds best for me.....hope so but red will do fine...thanks and I think your company is going to be on top soon.....
December 26, 2014 12:11PM
Hopefully we will see some good things in 2015 and this is just the start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2014 12:16PM by Ferrous Bueller.
December 26, 2014 12:55PM
"Hello all.. This is Dilek - For those who do not know me - I am the Sales&Marketing Manager at Nokta."

Hi Dilek, I've spent time in Istanbul and Cappadocia, among other areas. Beautiful country and wonderful, friendly people! Your english speaking ability will be invaluable to your company.

"We will also have optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit."

Please allow your Bluetooth implementation to adhere to standards so that we can pair any of our standard audio bluetooth headsets to the detector. And again, as many have stated, a detector
of this apparent quality should be equipped with the ability, via a usb port, to upgrade the firmware. My vote is for black/grey.

looking forward to more details. think about giving Tom D. and/or Keith S. an early version for evaluation/feedback....

cheers from Canada....