Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

You guys with the new Racers are being awful quiet

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
You guys with the new Racers are being awful quiet
January 22, 2015 01:01PM
C'mon, fess up.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: You guys with the new Racers are being awful quiet
January 22, 2015 01:08PM
what a bunch of teasers they are
January 22, 2015 04:42PM
They have to be knee deep in dirt digging and digging

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 22, 2015 05:30PM
I post daily.
January 22, 2015 06:26PM
They will be on the shelf before long!
January 22, 2015 07:55PM
My dealer said 'end of Feb'.
January 22, 2015 11:31PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I post daily.

Since my post was directed at those who already have the Racer, and you responded, I guess you're saying you have one.
So, what's your verdict on the Racer, so far?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

January 23, 2015 12:40AM
Now you know Steve can not say Say anything until the company gives the go ahead. Probably working out some last minute tweaks on the machine according to his and other testers input. I for one can wait for the best machine that the company can put on the shelf for it's customers. Fun trying to squeeze a little info out of him though...Stuart
January 23, 2015 12:48AM
All testers have been told to unplug the computer until all info is in at Makro. So yes its quiet here.
Steve is posting on the sly, using a cellphone....................and not saying anything, like a politician.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 23, 2015 01:18AM
C'mon, people! You know the testers have taken oaths to stay quiet. Just be patient. I'm sure when the time is right they will comment and we will probably even see some you tube video. And what they(testers) are seeing/hearing now even if they commented might not be what you see/hear when the detector is finally released. Cheers
January 23, 2015 01:40AM
Learn to read between the lines and always remember that just because the tester is in heat with the machine does not mean it will suit you.
January 23, 2015 02:26AM
I really don't want to read what a tester says I want to read what a user says.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

January 23, 2015 02:41AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I really don't want to read what a tester says I
> want to read what a user says.

OK
January 23, 2015 03:16AM
I think when the time comes gary's forum will be trying one and he has tried a lot of detectors. I will want to read what he says and of course what Keith says since he has both...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

January 23, 2015 03:43AM
Gary says on his forum that he will not post a bad review of a detector. I don't think that's a good source for info if the person is afraid of offending the manufacturers and not willing to post the bad with the good. JMO.
January 23, 2015 04:22AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:

Ummm, you did read between the lines here and see that Steve is a tester ,right????
January 23, 2015 04:51AM
Yeah that is why i dont read garys reviews.. Lol this forum has some great guys with this is how it is attitudes which is why i read and trust this forum over others.. I myself will read reviews on this forum ..im a retired corrections officer and appreciate people being brutally honest ..lol i dont post alot but read alot lol ive been detecting since 1978 and wasnt until recently that i was able to read truly honest reviews.. All of those magazines that had reviews were bullshit.. winking smiley
January 23, 2015 07:22AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:

And how would that be different, LowBoy? Are you trying to offend testers? Well, I think you just did.
Why try to stifle comments/input/knowledge from some of the best judges of detector capabilities, and insult them at the same time?

I feel fortunate that we have some folks on this forum who are among the most knowledgeable and capable detectorists afield today, and that they are respected enough by some to be given the opportunity/responsibility to test new machines.
I, for one, DO want to hear what the testers have to say. Why don't you? You are always free to accept or not accept their views and opinions, but at least you will have had the opportunity to hear them out, and maybe gain something from it.
And of course, you can always choose what topics to follow or not, and what posts to read or not.

Pleasant Garden, NC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 08:26AM by ncwayne.
January 23, 2015 09:34AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:

You were a tester for the G2. Are you saying your video and reviews were biased?
January 23, 2015 11:01AM
Crosby Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I really don't want to read what a tester says
> I
> > want to read what a user says.
>
>
> You were a tester for the G2. Are you saying your
> video and reviews were biased?

You don't want to read what a tester has to say????-------Well, I (and I'm sure most of us) CERTAINLY want to hear what our testers like Tom, Keith, Steve and others have to say!!!-----These guys "bust their butt" (excuse my French) getting out info (and videos) with VERY important info.-------Man, you really stuck your foot in your mouth this time lowboy-----don't discourage these guys from posting info that's important to ALL of us.------I thought you were a tester before also---what--you don"t read your own stuff???--------Sure---hearing what (experienced) users say is VERY important also.---------To give you a break---IF you were referring to the "shiny" reports such as come out in the magazines---then---yes, I agree with you----but---you stated "I really don't want to read what a tester says"-------period!----------Sorry, don't agree with you at all on that (blanket) statement!
January 23, 2015 11:12AM
It would be interesting to hear some of the initial problems a tester ran into and what was done to resolve them. I mean if there is a problem that wasnt fixed it certainly doesnt take long for someone to point it out once the machine is in the field. It does surpise me sometimes how machines can be field tested yet have glaring issues. Are the testers restricted or given a narrow window to test?
January 23, 2015 01:01PM
I am beginning to think Lowboy is maybe a little brand loyal..went from Fisher to Deus...I said maybe....??????
January 23, 2015 01:34PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Gary says on his forum that he will not post a bad
> review of a detector. I don't think that's a good
> source for info if the person is afraid of
> offending the manufacturers and not willing to
> post the bad with the good. JMO.

and he sells machines too so would he give em a bad rap ?
he was testing the deus a year before it was put on the market so i heard
January 23, 2015 02:41PM
I want to hear from testers then wait about 2 months or so and let some consumers give input then decide whether this machine fits my needs. NCWayne and myself like probably others live in red clay mineralized soil with iron at times that wreak some havoc if a machine cannot handle it. I will base my opinion on both the tester and the end user to see what they say. I never try to be the first to have the latest. I am okay with that. If the company wanted to send me one to use and evaluate I am okay.......but then again, I have a full time job so I don't know if I would have time to evaluate their machine fairly.

Waiting to see and hear what they say about this machine. I am even more curious to see if they rebadge this machine and offer in the Nokta lineup as well......maybe a different color scheme and price!!!! < Cheaper maybe!!!!
January 23, 2015 03:02PM
Lowboy has a point regardless of whether a tester is a straight shooter or has an agenda, got sent a hand picked hot unit, etc. There's a difference between a company wanting someone to actually "test" something and give constructive criticism to improve their product, and sending units out for advertising in a sense. We've all been inundated with the BS out there over the years. Love reading the input tester's have but there is nothing wrong with wanting know what people are actually getting in hand when they purchase a unit retail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2015 03:10PM by deadlift.
January 23, 2015 03:49PM
I think Keith has it covered here. I will post my thoughts on my forum when given the ok to do so by Dilek.
January 23, 2015 03:51PM
I am more amazed by those who get a unit and write a detailed review in a month. Okay to write what you are experiencing but to review and say put your name on it as gospel is a bit dubious to me. Hard to say you have really put a unit through the wringer in a month. Because to me there is more than using the unit and in a month putting maybe 100 hours on a unit......there is longevity to evaluate QC and electrical issues that arise from time not function that needs to be factored in too.

Yes I agree there are those who are afraid to give honest feedback for fear they will no longer be given the oppurtunity to do future evaluations. That is human nature of course to a degree. If they sent me one I would give the feedback I think is deemed 100% what I feel good or bad. If they dislike what I have to say then so be it.

This is why I have yet to even give feedback on my Deus because for one that horse has been beat to death and two, I am still learning this machine and will attend Andy's bootcamp next month which may make this machine better for me or maybe worse. Who knows.

But look forward to that experience for sure. I do love when people give glowing reviews then months later to a year when these problems surface are then trashing the unit! I think if they had just taken the time to do so properly they would not have to redact a statement!
January 23, 2015 04:15PM
"I am more amazed by those who get a unit and write a detailed review in a month. Okay to write what you are experiencing but to review and say put your name on it as gospel is a bit dubious to me. Hard to say you have really put a unit through the wringer in a month. Because to me there is more than using the unit and in a month putting maybe 100 hours on a unit......there is longevity to evaluate QC and electrical issues that arise from time not function that needs to be factored in too.

Yes I agree there are those who are afraid to give honest feedback for fear they will no longer be given the opportunity to do future evaluations. That is human nature of course to a degree. If they sent me one I would give the feedback I think is deemed 100% what I feel good or bad. If they dislike what I have to say then so be it."

You guys honestly just do not get it. Here everyone is, begging for information on one hand, then slapping the people who are expected to provide the information with the other hand. The whole reason people like me are given machines is so we can help answer your questions. I am not trying to sell you the detector and could care less in fact if you ever buy one. This holier than thou attitude that Michael cops. Really, Michael, you think you can be 100% honest? Well they why do you assume I or anyone else cannot be?

I have people sending me messages wanting information right now, right this second, can't wait another minute. Then posts like this saying it is dubious to provide information without waiting 100 hours, or a month, or a year.

The crazy part is I have only visited this forum to try and be helpful and share information. I have been called thin skinned. Well, I should not have to have a thick skin to take my valuable time to share information with people that do not appreciate it.

Is that another of my explosive posts Tom?
January 23, 2015 04:40PM
I cant wait for some reviews on this machine..good or bad.
January 23, 2015 04:49PM
Hi,,,,On Lowboy's behalf I don't think Lowboy deserves to be put down or ridiculed for voicing his opinion or thoughts.... Especially when no one knows what he meant by his statement.....How would you feel if every time you replied to a post people started putting you down.... Every one of us on this so called Free Speech forum has the right to voice an opinion as long as it's in good taste....Personally I seen absolutely nothing wrong with what he said...It's my understanding that a tester can not give out information during the time they are testing a machine anyways....Don't confuse someone testing a machine with someone reviewing one and even then you should be able to formulate your own opinion and voice it.....Maybe he meant to heck with the testers I want to hear from the users.....Meaning the machine is now out for sale and the long wait is over, so he can now finally buy one if he wants....There's so many ways to screw up the meanings of some simple words that has been written....Remember a tester is testing out a prototype machine the original production machine could vary greatly....So in a sense if a tester could actually speak freely during a testing period his or her comments to us could actually be of little or no value if the production machine is totally different.....Even Tom has reserved his comments on the upgraded F-75 because he has the prototype and that's the way it should be.... If anyone gets mad at this or that without gathering all the information/evidence, then maybe they have some growing up to do.....IMHO....JJ

PS: could = means that it's possible