Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Yesterday's hunt

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Yesterday's hunt
April 25, 2010 12:13PM
Did some side by side comparisons between my F75 and my friends V3. He has really excelled with his new machine. I guess years of experience with both the XLT and DFX helped a lot. After yesterday I know that the V3 will excel above the F75 in some areas when it comes to depth. Point in case, we were hunting yesterday comparing only the deep targets. He called me over to recheck a deep target. My settings were JE, sens 90, disc 0, 4H. I got a very low volume high tone that repeated but seemed to disappear as I rotated around the target. The V3 had a constant coin reading. My machine read the coin to be 10" deep. He dug a very nice plug about 8" deep and sweep the coil over the plug and hole and there was total silence. He stated it must have been iron, but knowing we heard something I insisted he take a few more inches of dirt out of the hole. Well, the next hand full of dirt came out with a nice mercury dime.
dgc
Re: Yesterday's hunt
April 25, 2010 02:03PM
Thanks for the information Mark. Confirming again the need to keep digging if you had a good signal then lose it while while digging. Also interesting comparison of F75 and V3.
April 25, 2010 04:19PM
You may have needed the LTD and not the JE mode. Also sometimes with a disc of 0 in the JE mode the machine you have makes too much noise. You may have too much going on to hear the target. I would have had one tone and boost mode and a disc of 4-6 if I could hunt a 0 and the machine was not going crazy then go for it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 25, 2010 10:20PM
..........as long as the F75 was stable.......this was a interesting "real world/real time" valid test. Yes, I would be curious how the LTD in 'bp' mode would have performed. A highly conductive silver dime is a interesting test...........yet, the tables may have turned...had the target of been a nickel or a item of lower conductivity. --Good report.
April 26, 2010 10:56AM
My F75 was very stable at these settings, now when the coil was not moving it was very noisy.
I do have an LTD on order, and yes I think it will make the difference on these deeper targets.
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You may have needed the LTD and not the JE mode.
> Also sometimes with a disc of 0 in the JE mode the
> machine you have makes too much noise. You may
> have too much going on to hear the target. I would
> have had one tone and boost mode and a disc of 4-6
> if I could hunt a 0 and the machine was not going
> crazy then go for it.