Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 and the Garrett Pro Pointer doesn't work?

Posted by TreasurdiggrNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 and the Garrett Pro Pointer doesn't work?
April 26, 2010 12:20AM
Anyone else have a problem with the pro pointer not getting along with their F75? My friend uses the pro pointer with his E-trac. He let me give it a try and anywhere I touched the pro pointer to the ground it buzzed.
TDNY
Re: F75 and the Garrett Pro Pointer doesn't work?
April 26, 2010 12:43AM
Mine works great! Are the batteries weak, mine acts up when the batteries get weak?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 12:44AM by jamt225.
April 26, 2010 01:22AM
I have to keep my Garret PP in its belt holster, behind my back. When I take it out to pinpoint... and before turning it on,,, the F-75 will sound off erratically. Now as soon as I turn on the GPP the F-75 will go silent. Other than that, they are fine. When you turn it on, make sure its not touching the ground. Also, if you put too much side or down pressure on the GPP it will chirp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 01:29AM by ozzie.
April 26, 2010 10:59AM
I've noticed the same thing. And of course, you can't get it to close to the coil either.
April 26, 2010 11:01AM
Thanks for the replies, just wanted to be sure there wasn't a definite issue where the 2 don't work together. The issue I had seemed related to what you say to look out for ozzie, I was definitely putting some downward and sideways pressure.