Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Most stable???

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Most stable???
April 30, 2010 01:41AM
Which one of these two LATEST production machines appears to be the most stable (all things being equal)--the T2 or the F-75?----That (hopefully) should apply when the new T2 LTD comes out as well, right? (T2 LTD v.s. F-75 LTD for stability).--------Thanks, Del
Re: Most stable???
April 30, 2010 11:23AM
If both units are set up for the same comparable performance...... their level of stability (IRT EMI) should be the same. They are both 7" x 11" DD equipped units operating at 13-Khz. That being said; understand that... the F75 can be driven to higher Sens/performance levels........which may induce a bit more instability over the T2. There will be areas where EMI is minimal.......allowing the F75 to be set up for higher Sens/Gain.......so as to capitalize off of this additional Sens/performance feature.

F75 Sensitivity = 6 x 10 (-9)
T2 Sensitivity = 5 x 10 (-9)
April 30, 2010 02:48PM
Thanks Tom----I really appreciate your answers to my questions-you certainly are a credit to this fine hobby.------Do you feel that the T2 (in either the standard or LTD) would have ANY REAL advantage over the F-75 (in either the standard or LTD)?----I realize that the T2 has an expanded iron range.---If so, what would this advantage be (scenario/hunt environment)?---------Thanks, Del
April 30, 2010 05:54PM
I had both and noticed no difference between the two stability wise, all things being equal. My F 75 was just a bit more deeper them the T 2. Whether this carries over to the LTD's, I don't know, but would suspect so. HH jim tn
May 01, 2010 02:32AM
Yes, , , the T2 can 'split hairs' better with iron. This can be a real big deal..... especially for relic hunters; yet, I find the F75 to be ample at discriminating out iron with it's 0 -15 scale.