Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking for a Older Pulse (PI) detector testing

Posted by SilverPeter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for a Older Pulse (PI) detector testing
May 05, 2010 04:14AM
Does anybody know if Fisher ever made any Pulse Induction detectors way back when?? (along with model names?)
I am looking to do a few side by side test on small items in various beach/sand conditions.

Don't want to spend more than a 100 or so, hence an older model.
Many thanks!

Nov. 20th, 2010 ***** Thanks Kieth and Tom!

I just picked up an older (foster version) Sea Hunter.... This machine is JUST to get me started in the horible black sand/iron rich beaches we have here in certain parts of Northern California.
When Tom comes out with his version of a pulse unit, (The AU-42 right??) I will have been in the posistion to acquire his machine... or an Aquastar that I can hire somebody like Tom to do a sysytem run through and modify.... Thanks again!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 07:54PM by SilverPeter.
Re: Looking for a Older Pulse (PI) detector testing
May 05, 2010 06:34AM
Fisher had the Impulse but I dont think you can get hold of one for 100.00 dollars..I bought a Garrett sea hunter P.I. for 50.00 that worked but no real depth ...Older Garretts seem to be the cheapest though ..

I believe you will find the older pulse machines ( 20 Year old tech) are not very sensitive to smaller type targets..The newer ones are more advanced for the smaller gold...

Lower (Shorter) delay will get some more sens. to low conductors like below 10uS ..Some older ones can be modified for this!

Good luck

Keith
Re: Looking for a Older Pulse (PI) detector testing
May 05, 2010 08:55AM
Correct. Fisher Impulse. Very popular 15 years ago.