Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ-20

Posted by calico 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher CZ-20
May 06, 2010 12:18PM
Tom,I need some advise on coil size. I now have the standard 8in. coil. what are the advantages of a larger coil ? All information would be appreciated. I thank you.

good luck... calico
Re: Fisher CZ-20
May 06, 2010 05:36PM
Calico,

I have a CZ20 with the 10.5 inch coil on it. I also have 2 CZ6a's I use for beach hunting and can use any one of the 4 coils availaible on it ( 5 inch, stock 8 inck, 10.5 inch and the Sunray FZ-12 coil). I find I have the most fun and the easiest beach hunts when usin the 8 inch coil. It is also the best balanced and lighest unit when using this coil (I have my CZ mounted on a straight shaft). I can get the coil into the hole when dug, it has just enough depth and sensitivity and the coverage is adaquate. Plus, pin pointing when just Xing the target is much more accurate ( for me it is !). I don't use the pin point button.

I don't think you should worry about whether your CZ20 should have a bigger coil. Especially if you get in the water. You will find the 8 inch coil is much easier to move and sweep than the bigger coil.
Re: Fisher CZ-20
May 06, 2010 09:05PM
Yes, your intended application is important. If you plan on water hunting, I recommend the 8" coil......due to less hydrodynamic resistance. The 10.5" is nearly unbearable for sweeping in water. If you are wet slope hunting, I would never use the small 8" coil.....opting for the 10.5" coil. The 10.5" coil is nearly a couple of inches deeper on coins/rings at the beach. It'll also 'see' approx 5-gallons of sand at any given split-second.........where as the 8" coil will only view approx 1-gallon of sand. You will see 5X more targets with the 10.5" coil. Five times more effecient. Five times more finds.