Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"genius" Good stuff. Did you work for Fisher Tom?

Posted by jamt225 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"genius" Good stuff. Did you work for Fisher Tom?
May 10, 2010 06:45PM
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]

Thomas Dankowski's detecting site

Postby Blackadder43 on Sun May 09, 2010 10:22 am

This website i am going to post is run by a genius.
His name is Thomas Dankowski and he used to work for Fisher but now works on the NASA space project.
This guy designed and built and extensively tested the machine i use (Fisher CZ 3D) and it revolutionised the way Fishers's machine were made.....the F75 is a direct descendant of this machine...

He answers most posts personaly, his name is NASA TOM....

I am linking you to the front page of his site, he has some excellent written documents that can be applyed to any machine and conditions we often find ourselves in.....
His forum which is a hive of information (he is well respected by all the major detector companys and they value his opinion when he tests their machines) his forum can be found on the left hand side set of links.......that is a very good place with good technical advise.....

Hope someone finds something usefull there...

Mrix, i would strongly advise seeing if you could strike a deal to supply his dvd in this country....i have bought it and it is absolutely pure gold......it is 90 mins long and he explains perfectly and shows you it happening in his test garden.....Target masking.....Silent masking.....Iron Falsing.....what happens with the incorrect coil swing speed etc....
And then he goes out for a real world hunt, this is where you realy see his passion for this hobby....

I have nothing to gain from sharing this except whoever reads it or buys his dvd will learn a lot of valueable stuff.....

Mrix i have contacted tom many times (he even paid the extra postage to post the dvd ) and would happily contact him again to see if there was a way you could sell his dvd on your site...

I would be willing to let you borrow my copy just to show you how good it is.....

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
Re: "genius" Good stuff. Did you work for Fisher Tom?
May 10, 2010 08:24PM
Yes, for many years as external engineering consultant for Fisher.

Genius = psychotic, monomaniac, nut-case = (or burning passion).
May 10, 2010 09:58PM
:>)
May 11, 2010 07:36AM
LOL......when i used the word genius i meant it in the best possible way....
After watching your dvd on numeorus occassion tom you strike me as what i would class as an "eccentric brit"
This is a good thing and if it wasnt for people like you then technology would not be where it is....

I didnt mean any offence by it, infact it was supposed to be a glowing report....

UK detectorists are sceptical about dvd's saying its about detecting......you only have to look ok youtube to see peoples efforts at producing supposedly educational stuff......I would happily supply your dvd in the UK as i feel it is genuine with real life experience and tons of information....including hidden information.....

If it wasnt for you i dont think i would have found my first silver Hammered coin about a month back......this coin was near a very small nail and would false between square tab and iron...i stepped around it 360 and got it to hightone more than it grunted so i dug it..........if you has seen me jumping around the field like a lunatic you would probaly have had me locked up....

If it offends you then i will happily remove it......
Bruce aka Blackadder43
May 11, 2010 11:35AM
Bruce,

No, no.......there was NEVER any offense taken. I'm just merely accusing myself of being a mono-maniac//burning-passion about this so-called hobby. I'm quite astonished there isn't a bunch more folks into this hobby. THANKS for the complement.......and it was always taken as a complement!
May 11, 2010 06:08PM
Blackadder43 also no offense intended. I thought it was great the International fame Tom was receiving. Good stuff!
May 12, 2010 08:19AM
I try to speak as i find and genuine people like Tom are few and far between.....
Most people are interested in how many $'s or £'s that can be made....Tom just gives experience and knowledge....

Speaking of that wheres that bloody new dvd ?
Joking....take all the time you need providing its done by this friday.......
May 12, 2010 01:56PM
Both are 'in-work'. (Seminar & Beach).
May 19, 2010 05:13PM
Tom is a true genuine gentleman. He has personally taken the time to answer my emails and guide me into deciding which type of detector would be good for my detecting interests. We are certainly a fortunate group to have his ear here and offer us his wisdom. THANKS Tom!

Bob (KSC OTC days gone by)
May 20, 2010 09:34PM
You are welcome! That's what I'm here for................tim permitting!
March 31, 2011 07:38AM
Great benefit of Tom's work is because all explanations come from the man that has deep technical knowledge. Let's face facts, most of us just use detector and has no idea what going on inside.
It is a treasure that there is someone who can translate all of 'black box magic' to human language. An believe me a lot is going on between coil and headphones/LCD.
Inside there is a fascinating world of amps, filters, demodulators, ADCs, DSP and a magic 'phase shift' all around. and all of this help us to recover past ages... .
Metal detector is a kind of 'Time Machine' that gives us possibility to discover unseen artefacts - All of this is so excited !!!

Thank you Tom!!!

gigi
How it really happened....Re: "genius" Good stuff. Did you work for Fisher Tom?
March 31, 2011 08:16PM
Genius = psychotic, monomaniac, nut-case = (or burning passion). And as Tom D. let the electricity course through the first prototype CZ-3D, his voice resonated through the laboratory...........It's Alive..........It's Alive!!!smiling smiley
April 05, 2011 10:20PM
my 2 cents, we are all mad, we dig junk out of the ground, clean it, research it, put it in a frame and hang it on wall, when people see it , we brag about digging it up, I love it
Caretaker.....Re: "genius" Good stuff. Did you work for Fisher Tom?
April 05, 2011 10:28PM
I want you as my PR guy..........lol