Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The DST T2 SE's

Posted by deadlift 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The DST T2 SE's
February 16, 2015 09:39PM
Been patiently researching and setting pennies aside and am now ready to get another machine. I've moved on from the V series machines, and plan to keep an FBS unit for my evening silver hunts. I'd been looking for a faster more ergonomic unit as a complement. I find myself struggling to cover ground CW hunting with my explorer and my friends usually end up with a few more finds in the pouch. Between Keith and Kevin's praise the F19 has had my eye, as well as the Nokta/makro's. With that said, one thing that bugs me about the F19/Racer/Core is the limited tones. Depth is very important for me, as well as audio info. The Noktas being neutered in D3 seems like a mistake, while having to watch the screen when using the D2 or the F19 could grow tiresome also. In addition I'd have to buy a larger coil to get the depth I want on the F19, or wait for the G2+.

I've always overlooked the T2's due to the chatty reputation. I could see a proper DST unit working on some of my somewhat urban coin shooting exploits. There's limited info out, but what I can see is only positive on the DST T2's, unlike the F75. I can get a DST T2 SE at a good price local. It's worth mentioning it will come with the small coil. In addition the T2 has a reportedly DEEP all metal mode, which could be useful as a lot of the remaining mineballs I'm digging on my sites are right at the 13" range (I'm sure there's more deeper). My local dealer should do me right if I'm not happy w/the unit.

Has anyone used one of the DST T2 SE's? Considering Price and the additional coil, On paper it seems these units may be sleepers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 09:40PM by deadlift.
Re: The DST T2 SE's
February 17, 2015 01:54AM
I too would like to here the comments on T2 vs f75 with new software.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 17, 2015 05:25AM
me too!....thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 17, 2015 05:33AM
My T2 S.E. V2 behaves like the F75 SE V2....very quiet..

the only thing is now that the F75 is so quiet you can see more of how powerful the F75 is over the T2...not a whole bunch but it si more powerful...used to I liked the T2 jsut becasue it ran quieter than a F75 so I got more usable depth out of it...not so any more...

I do feel the T2 is a little hotter on brass than a F75 which seems hotter on coins...

the FA on either mode I sort of find useless for my sites.....I reported this to the factory...they left it like it is..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 17, 2015 03:58PM
Thanks keith. In you're opinion does the t2 ID also tend to drift towards ferrous at depth, like the F75, somewhat mitigating any depth advantage it may have over the turkish/F19 units (coil for coil)? 80% my dirts mild other than the occasional heavy fertilized field. I believe I've read the other units are pretty dang close on depth in non boost mode.

I feel I may be getting into hair splitting territory, last nights 8" of white stuff and cabin fever may be setting in lol.
February 17, 2015 08:51PM
I have both the F75 LTD2 and the T2 LTD2 with the DST upgrade.

I prefer the F75, but only because the boost mode isn't tied into the tones. I can run BP with any tone option on the F75, whereas on the T2 BP is tied into 2-tones. That said, the T2 in 2-tone BP mode is killer in iron and super deep. I picked up a brand new T2 LTD2 in January (the T2 Christmas bundle with three coils) but it's so similar to my F75, I'm probably going to sell it.
February 18, 2015 08:54AM
deadlift Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks keith. In you're opinion does the t2 ID
> also tend to drift towards ferrous at depth, like
> the F75, somewhat mitigating any depth advantage
> it may have over the turkish/F19 units (coil for
> coil)? 80% my dirts mild other than the occasional
> heavy fertilized field. I believe I've read the
> other units are pretty dang close on depth in non
> boost mode.
>
> I feel I may be getting into hair splitting
> territory, last nights 8" of white stuff and cabin
> fever may be setting in lol.

turkish f-19's?..really?..(w.t.f.)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 18, 2015 09:00AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> I have both the F75 LTD2 and the T2 LTD2 with the
> DST upgrade.
>
> I prefer the F75, but only because the boost mode
> isn't tied into the tones. I can run BP with any
> tone option on the F75, whereas on the T2 BP is
> tied into 2-tones. That said, the T2 in 2-tone BP
> mode is killer in iron and super deep. I picked
> up a brand new T2 LTD2 in January (the T2
> Christmas bundle with three coils) but it's so
> similar to my F75, I'm probably going to sell it.

cal!.. it would seem one would probably use two tones anyway in the "junk"
so probably not a deal breaker,although you would have to keep a closer eye on the screen,
as opposed to 3 or 4 tones!..i am just sayin'...is there anything else that distinguishes the t2 ltd 2
from the f-75 l t d 2?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 18, 2015 10:10PM
Since I have a T2 SE2 on the way - I have been reading.

1. Some people still like that the T2 has extended Iron Discrimination (40 on T2 vs 20 on F75) not sure for me this will make a lot of difference but maybe it will.

2. More info on F75 screen but kind of liking the simplicity of the T2 - not huge but different.

3. Backlighting would be nice but it is only on F75.

4. Also the F75 retains its settings. The T2 resets most things to factory default every time you turn it off. At first that may seem like a win for F75 but on my Whites DFX I found my self resetting mine a lot just so I knew where it was before I started hunting. Again a toss up in my book - I think it will be good to know where I am every time I turn on the machine.

5. I also think although the coils look a like they are not the same - that may explain the performance differences more then anything. If I am wrong on this please let me know - but I know you can use a Sunray probe on an F75 and not on a T2 so there are some differences relating to coils and how they are used.

6. I have not counted but it seems like there may be a different number of tone options. - just checked F75 has 11 tone options to the T2 9 options most seem to be the same - The F75 does have kind of a CZ3D functions that makes nickels ring high 2H, 3H, 4H will make nickels sound high.

7. The F75 has three more processes then T2 - JE, DE, and PF.

8. The F75 can Notch in discrim mode.

9. Last I do not believe T2 has audio pitch adjustment.

That sounds like a lot - but I am not sure how significant most of these really are for most people. Depth is a big issue and from what Keith said they are close with a slight edge to F75. But I think in the same field with same person may not be too much difference in what is found and what is left behind.

Here is my simple take on the differences - the T2 is the K.I.S.S. version of the F75.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 18, 2015 10:35PM
Yes T2 and F75 have problems in mineral calling non ferrous as ferrous...

All machines do to some sort of degree...some more than others....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 19, 2015 12:56AM
jmaryt Wrote:
> deadlift Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks keith. In you're opinion does the t2 ID
> > also tend to drift towards ferrous at depth,
> like
> > the F75, somewhat mitigating any depth
> advantage
> > it may have over the turkish/F19 units (coil
> for
> > coil)? 80% my dirts mild other than the
> occasional
> > heavy fertilized field. I believe I've read the
> > other units are pretty dang close on depth in
> non
> > boost mode.
> >
> > I feel I may be getting into hair splitting
> > territory, last nights 8" of white stuff and
> cabin
> > fever may be setting in lol.
>
>
> turkish f-19's?..really?..(w.t.f.)
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

Theres a backslash seperating the words turkish (nokta/makro) and F19. Assuming you know what a backslash and for that matter the phrase wtf are?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2015 12:56AM by deadlift.
February 19, 2015 05:40AM
i thought it was made in "turkey",which i find somewhat incredulous,
in that first texas is based in el paso,texas!..the exclamation (w.t.f.)
is common place on the internet!..it denotes "what the f**k!". i apologize for any misunderstanding!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 19, 2015 01:10PM
No worries bud, thanks for the apology. Happy hunting.