Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact

Posted by carvlin7 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Impact
February 20, 2015 06:52PM
Just saw this on FM - with link to K-Co site
Re: Nokta Impact
February 20, 2015 06:53PM
February 20, 2015 06:55PM
Good looking machine!
February 20, 2015 07:04PM
Darn - you beet me to the punch - just saw it on Kellyco - looks like the Darth Vader version of the Racer - betting it is the same detector.

carvlin7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saw this on FM - with link to K-Co site

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 20, 2015 07:32PM
It seems Nokta doesn't show all it's cards. I would have rather had a black one. And the add does mention notch.
February 20, 2015 07:49PM
So-----What's the difference between this one & the Racer? (besides black in color & notch disc)
February 20, 2015 08:22PM
Well, seems the name is different anyway, performance???????????
February 20, 2015 08:22PM
The racer sounds off on zincolns with a high tone reportedly. if you can set the tone break to just above them on the impact theres no reason for a coin hunter to get the racer IMO.
February 20, 2015 08:27PM
Tone break???? Deadlift, you might be on to something. Wonder why the surprise??? I guess if it works as good or better than Racer no problems, unless you've done obligated yourself for Racer. And I see iron audio listed. Wonder if it's adjustable???? Mr Southern do you have any information????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 08:31PM by tnsharpshooter.
wjs
February 20, 2015 08:39PM
i wonder if they will change the three tone setting like they are doing on the racer. I would like to see a manual......;o)
February 20, 2015 08:58PM
gonan be a lot of Racer pre orders cancelled i think
February 20, 2015 09:09PM
Well .I thought this company.....would be consumer Friendly......MMMM.........looks like this one might be better , than the Racer?.....It's almost getting to much to stay up with...Maybe I should just start useing Bounty hunters!!!!
February 20, 2015 09:14PM
so this adds notch, iron audio and tone break ability?? guess I am glad I didnt preorder a racer...
February 20, 2015 09:25PM
Is it black???Did not see it in the discription...maybe overlooked it...

Does it have Variable Tone Break? or just Tone Break??Racer has a Tone Break we just cant move it..

Is the CoRe No MoRe?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 20, 2015 09:30PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Is it black???Did not see it in the
> discription...maybe overlooked it...
>
> Does it have Variable Tone Break? or just Tone
> Break??Racer has a Tone Break we just cant move
> it..
>
> Is the CoRe No MoRe?
>
> Keith

just going off the pic it looks to be black and gray Keith...
February 20, 2015 09:30PM
I don't think it said adjustable, just said it's got em.
February 20, 2015 09:32PM
Does say depth in cm or inches. Someone said they thought screen was different, don't know will look closer.
February 20, 2015 09:35PM
Now that you mention it Keith it doesn't say variable, just lists tone break as an exclusive feature. If it is, and it performs like the racer reports weve seen. LOOK OUT at $595. I don't use notch at all but if it works reasonably well its very nice to those who do. Don't see a pro pack or other coils either, sure its coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 09:37PM by deadlift.
February 20, 2015 09:36PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Does say depth in cm or inches. Someone said they
> thought screen was different, don't know will look
> closer.

the screen definately looks different on right side. i tried to enlarge it but cant make out the words on it. looks like the mineralization and ground gauges are moved to the right bottom in small boxes to make room for the other stuff..

edit: the more I look at it, it looks quite a bit different. looks like possibly 4 small boxes on right bottom with different items and then a larger box above with whatever the words for functions are..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 09:42PM by bigboar.
February 20, 2015 09:37PM
I don't see it listed on Nokta's site, unless I missed it.
February 20, 2015 09:41PM
I'm thinking Impact is perhaps a short run of "prepro" machines that did not make it to full production, i.e., Racer status?
Or perhaps a limited quantity/time offering as a "Kellyco Exclusive" to appease them because they have Nokta distributorship but did not get Makro deal.
Limited Stock, does that mean short supply initially or a limited number to be sold altogether?
Remember, Dilek mentioned the grey/black color scheme as a possibility for the Racer but then said feedback was 50/50 on Red.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 20, 2015 09:44PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> I'm thinking Impact is perhaps a short run of
> "prepro" machines that did not make it to full
> production, i.e., Racer status?
> Or perhaps a limited quantity/time offering as a
> "Kellyco Exclusive" to appease them because they
> have Nokta distributorship but did not get Makro
> deal.
> Limited Stock, does that mean short supply
> initially or a limited number to be sold
> altogether?
> Remember, Dilek mentioned the grey/black color
> scheme as a possibility for the Racer but then
> said feedback was 50/50 on Red.

I would agree if the display didnt look so different when you enlarge it...looks like it has more functions whatever they are

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 09:44PM by bigboar.
February 21, 2015 01:10AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 01:13AM by tmanly.
February 21, 2015 01:34AM
Hope its not the type discrimination that Garrett uses where you notch in or out segments..

IF and I say IF very meaningful.....the Unit has notching I hope its variable width ...

I would never use a notch for my hunts, but if I had too I would want it to be adjustable width..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 21, 2015 02:54AM
joke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:07PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 21, 2015 03:17AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Getting to be too much drama to keep up with and
> really am not OVERLY impressed with any of these
> machines (cores, racers, impacts, etc) anyway...
> I've seen enough vids and watched a core in use
> 1st hand for a couple days/etc
>
> I've been in this game for over 30 yrs (like some
> of the other guys here) and sure -- for the "$$"
> -- they seem to offer/have a few features others
> don't in the price range but I just don't see
> ANYthing worth spending my hard earned $$ on that
> is "new and groundbreaking" in RE: to them -- you
> can get the same in machines that have been on the
> market for yrs already and I sure the hell ain't
> selling any of my good/top end machines just to
> buy one of those!!
>
> I do however, have/see a new PI machine and some
> new dive equipment in my future (very near future)
> for a whole lot of water/gold/jewelry hunting
> and/but since I traded a lot of it (my dive
> equip.) away for a New ML 2 yrs ago and am in need
> of some new tanks, regs, etc. now... ;-)
>
> Guess when they (Nokta) start sending machines to
> me to test and keep for free - I may have a
> different outlook on them at that point too but
> and until then - they won't be seeing any of my
> hard earned cash no matter who says what about
> them.
>
> Good luck to those who do spend their $$ on them
> though - hope ya'all find a fortune!

Are you thinking the testers are biased in their reports so they can claim a free machine?
February 21, 2015 03:33AM
even more of a joke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 05:08PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
February 21, 2015 04:27AM
I would like think I have been upfront and truthful in my reporting...

the thing you will notice about the Racer/CoRe though is the simplicity to run it and get performance out of it...

I would use it myself as a niche unit with small coil in iron for Certian targets..actually I use niche units more than an all around unit...

Actually I've been overly upfront on the unit compared to others I feel...

You Know whats weird...when you buy a machine and spend your money on it you feel like you have to defend it in a sort of weird way...when its a unit to test I think of it more along these lines....I can have a more outside looking in approach...and its not on my dime...

I actually work very hard in testing things out and at times miss 'enjoying' a hunt because im studying the unit in hand...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 21, 2015 04:44AM
I think you have been truthful Keith. And you're right, it's the simplicity that really stands out and price too. One thing folks I feel need to understand is. The detecting scenario has to be met for the Core/Racer with small coil to take advantage. Meaning-to show off their unmasking/separating capabilities. If one keeps hunting in sites already seemingly exhausted of finds with other detectors, they will eventually run into a situation (make a find) with the Racer/CoRe unit that was undetected previously. The Racer/CoRe units I feel cast a "wider net" so to speak over many other detectors costing the same and much more.
February 21, 2015 04:49AM
MRH, I do not want to spend the big bucks on a deus. It looks like the racer w/ small coil will perform as well or better than the deus w/9 coil, in trash. For myself, looking for a good trash /target seperator detector, the budget priced racer makes perfect sense for me. If a person has/ wants to spend the big bucks for the top of the line machines, the choice is there.