Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Folks concern about Racer not saving settings

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Folks concern about Racer not saving settings
February 27, 2015 11:05PM
Consider this: Let's say you hunted tonite with your new Racer. Then with bad weather you didn't hunt for say a week. On your next hunt before you start hunting you would adjust settings, correct. Now imagine if the Racer saved the settings from your previous nite hunt. Wouldn't you still want to verify your settings before you started your hunt??? I know I would. And while your verifying you can adjust. Seems pretty simple. Now if the Racer had a laundry list of settings to worry about it may/would be different. I wouldn't let this "settings not saved" be my deciding factor to purchase or not. Cheers
Re: Folks concern about Racer not saving settings
February 28, 2015 12:30AM
Seeing as though it is basically a one program machine I agree but if you are hunting and moving a lot in the same area it is nice to be able to turn the machine off and not have to reset everything. I always turn my machine off for breaks, snacks, warming up in the truck or whatever No big deal but it would be nice.
February 28, 2015 12:37AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Consider this: Let's say you hunted tonite with
> your new Racer. Then with bad weather you didn't
> hunt for say a week. On your next hunt before you
> start hunting you would adjust settings, correct.
> Now imagine if the Racer saved the settings from
> your previous nite hunt. Wouldn't you still want
> to verify your settings before you started your
> hunt??? I know I would. And while your
> verifying you can adjust. Seems pretty simple.
> Now if the Racer had a laundry list of settings to
> worry about it may/would be different. I wouldn't
> let this "settings not saved" be my deciding
> factor to purchase or not. Cheers

Dude relax with the Nokta cheerleading. She's not gonna sleep with you.
February 28, 2015 12:39AM
LOL...LOL....LOL
February 28, 2015 02:39AM
Dude relax with the Nokta cheerleading. She's not gonna sleep with you.
Lol!
February 28, 2015 02:41AM
Ha!
February 28, 2015 02:51AM
That does make sense. Then again Pac man's comment does as well. With today's electronics it seems like it could be easy enough to simply be an option. Yeah. An option makes sense.
February 28, 2015 02:52AM
Hey part of the fun with an easy machine to program it is to program it....not a big deal might take about 30 seconds but then again they may have to up the price for this and that and if the machine lives up to what I have read I have no problem with having to program it...now the time it took you to read this you could have turned the racer on and off and reprogramed it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 28, 2015 01:03PM
The Racer---"it is what it is"--what with it about to hit the streets.-----Any changes/desires we have in a m.d. incorporated in a future model perhaps?----Maybe in the mysterious "Impact"?-----As simple (and fast) as the Racer is to set up---I don't see not having a memory on adjusted settings a real issue.
February 28, 2015 02:33PM
I made the same case for the T2 vs F75 I concluded it was not a huge deal. From day to day I do not mind checking my settings. But same day same park resetting seems a bit of a nuance but overall not a big deal.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 01, 2015 03:28AM
There's nothing to really set on the Racer, tones & sensitivity will be the most used settings. I used the Omega a lot before I traded it off, and it didn't save settings, but you would be off to the races in 10 seconds - set tones, set sensitivity, ground balance, go find silver!

Non-issue IMHO.

Now if it were say an Etrac or V3, totally different story.