Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detecting for Food

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Detecting for Food
March 17, 2015 02:40AM
I am a fan of the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. That was what I started with and I have always like it. When the F2 and F4 came out, they made the 11" DD coil for them and since the F2 and F4 are designed off of BH boards, the coil interchanges with BH detectors.

Anyway, I got excited about the 11" DD coil and ordered the coil, a new Tracker IV and a new F2 from Mr. Bill.

The DD coil didn't help the Tracker IV's recovery speed. But it turned out to be a suprise on the F2. The F2 and the 11" DD is a quarter magnet. Never seen anything like it before or after. The Golden/Cleansweep is good and my preference but the F2/11'' DD is something to experience on high conductive clad.

HH
Mike
March 17, 2015 02:55AM
How about an AT Pro and hunting wishing wells smiling smiley

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 17, 2015 03:04AM
Bryannagirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really - that is impressive. Is this you?
>
> [youtu.be]
>
> winking smiley
>
> Detectorist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I once supported myself for over a year by
> > detecting.

Almost. I mostly did water hunting. Found over 50 diamond rings in 2 years. Found one that paid for a good used car.
March 17, 2015 03:19AM
Let's see ... making a living off of detecting?

Just yesterday I hunted for six hours across the Waikiki beach front sand and water, about a mile's worth, up and back (2 miles worth). Total coins was less than $4. One diamond (maybe - $500 if had both) stud earring and a sterling silver zipper(?)

Most takes are about the same: $4-$6 in coins and some junk jewelry.

You could probably live off of it if you like ramen noodles and hot dogs.
March 17, 2015 03:37AM
If I planned on making a living off detecting, it would be for gold,not clad. I dont like diggin clad ,unless its quarters and above.
March 17, 2015 04:13PM
For clad hunting the detector brand is not critical and I suspect your diet would be about $5 to $6 max after hunting 6 to 8 hours. As has been mentioned lack of replenishment is a strong factor.

First few years as a newbie in about 2 hour hunts I'd score $5 to $6 average dry beach clad in the summer with a BH 3300 and Fisher F4. But picking up gold rings was the stronger attraction...allthough a quarter pocket spill would always be fun. Winter I'd figure out local (within 3 miles) turf to hunt and score just a bit less than summer.

Interesting topic, Bryannagirl. Yeah, I think it would definitely have a severe slimming effect. [as an aside...speaking of slimming...I went on a 21 day juicefast...consuming nothing but juiced veggies with a few juiced fruits. lost just under 30 pounds..but most interesting were the psychological affects of eating (or shall I say Not eating)].

Joe
March 17, 2015 05:32PM
Digging clad up here in Canada is profitable as it is in Australia where there are 1 and 2 dollar coins.
Folks up here do not have the option of carrying $1 paper bills, they no longer exist up here in circulation.
So everyone has a pocket full of $1 and $2 coins that are a bit smaller in size of a US half dollar.
Folks up here lose them like folks in the US lose quarters.

Oh yeah, its great the Canadian Mint stopped producing pennies about a year ago.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 02, 2016 06:53AM
Teknetics Alpha 2000 is great detector and would be my choice.
Fast,accurate and deep.
If you have to lift batteries do it at harbor freight,let the commies contribute.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 07:10AM by supertraq.
February 02, 2016 10:57AM