Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Matching You Relic For Relic w/the F19 Keith ;-)

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Matching You Relic For Relic w/the F19 Keith ;-)
March 23, 2015 12:05AM
Have hunted this place HARD with the Deus, CTX, AT Pro, and Gold Bug DP in the past/over the last 4 or 5 yrs.

It's an old school site - 1st school was built in 1850s and burned then another built in its place in the 1890s and remained until the 1940s/50s

the site is littered with any/every thing from iron to aluminum, to tin and everything in between but heavy with iron mainly

notice once again how the F19 picks up on the tiny/thin pieces of brass amidst the iron

Love this machine = so light and fun to use ;-)

HH all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2015 10:23AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: Matching You Relic For Relic w/the F19 Keith!
March 23, 2015 12:16AM
Some nice digs Wayne. Where are you running your V-Break setting at???
March 23, 2015 01:01AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some nice digs Wayne. Where are you running your
> V-Break setting at???

On this site/hunt I copied Keith's Tone break setting on his last hunt with his F19 and set the V break at 29 and ran 0 disc

I believe that's why the iron buckles showed up on his hunt the other day and on mine today.

At the school hillside site I hunted in my vid I ran V break at 35 but that's because that place is loaded with tons of modern trash so you need to block out a bit more or you'll be digging so much trash it'll make your head spin!
March 23, 2015 02:43AM
Decisions decisions-F19 or Racer?
Re: Matching You Relic For Relic w/the F19 Keith ;-)
March 23, 2015 10:20AM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> Decisions decisions-F19 or Racer?

If you want plain old turn on and go limiting you to the manufacturers pre set settings = Racer

If you want more control over dialing in your machine to site conditions/being able to adjust/fine tune it much more = F19

No brainer for me... I like to have more control and be able to tweak settings/etc. per site/as needed...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2015 10:39AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
March 27, 2015 10:04PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:

> If you want plain old turn on and go limiting you
> to the manufacturers pre set settings = Racer
>
> If you want more control over dialing in your
> machine to site conditions/being able to
> adjust/fine tune it much more = F19
>
> No brainer for me... I like to have more control
> and be able to tweak settings/etc. per site/as
> needed...

Hey Wayne, enjoying your reports on your F19 exploits.

Just wondering, though, at the above mention of "much more" adjusting/fine tuning to site conditions...

You have Fe Tone for reducing iron audio volume: Check!
You have Tone Break for setting where tone changes from low to VCO: Check!
Isn't that it as far as what the F19 has over the Racer?
Yet, the Racer offers 3 tone and Beach modes that the F19 does not.
And the Racer offer frequency shift, too. Does the F19? (No, it does not.)

Don't get me wrong. I mention these things because I AM CONSIDERING the F19.

I had my new(ly updated), improved F75SE at a site yesterday in 9.0 and the EMI was horrendous. Power lines along the edge of the property. Terrible EMI directly under the power lines, and nearly as bad a hundred yards from them.
Frequency shift did not help, and I thought about trying 9.1 but did not. I had on the 12x13 NEL coil and knew this was a contributing factor.
But my question to you is this: are you using the F19 in sites known for bothersome EMI, and how are you finding it handles EMI?

Question 2: Are you able to draw any comparisons between the F19 and F75 update regarding depth, target separation, and unmasking? (Obviously, the size/shape of the stock coils on each machine have some bearing on performance in these areas.)
Vis-a-vis, would the F75 update with the 5x10 DD coil provide target separation and unmasking approximating that of the F19?

Lastly, I noticed your merc and wheatie in your post; so how are you finding the F19 to be in finding coins as opposed to relics (since its 19kHZ frequency is directed at relics, specifically)?

Keep the F19 posts coming, and keep on making those nice finds!

ps I don't have a Racer ordered, but I do look forward to hearing what users have to say about them, too.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 28, 2015 06:54PM

ncwayne Wrote:

You have Fe Tone for reducing iron audio volume: Check! You have Tone Break for setting where tone changes from low to VCO: Check!

Isn't that it as far as what the F19 has over the Racer? Yet, the Racer offers 3 tone and Beach modes that the F19 does not. And the Racer offer frequency shift, too.

Does the F19? (No, it does not.) Don't get me wrong. I mention these things because I AM CONSIDERING the F19.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: The ability to set the V break wherever you like is a HUGE advantage in hunting per site (you get to pick/set it where YOU want the tone to break - not where a factory "pre-set" it at) which allows you more control on which targets you want to find/not find

2: The iron audio vol is another nice advantage which aides the above

3: I don't care about 3 tones because I'm not a "coin hunter" like I once was 20 yrs ago and beyond = I just happen to dig a lot of them in the places I hunt (or they're fairly abundant in the places I hunt I should say and they happen to get dug)

4: no need for a "beach mode" on an F19 because the freq. is 19KHz which is far better suited for punching salt/sand/mineral and in hitting better on gold than the Racer Freq. of 14khz

-------------------------------------------------------------------

But my question to you is this: are you using the F19 in sites known for bothersome EMI, and how are you finding it handles EMI?

Yes - I am using it in EMI prone sites (not every single one) but on many of the ones I've been hunting and it does really well unless you're directly under some heavy duty power lines - then it gets a bit chatty and you have to back the sens down a bit

> Question 2: Are you able to draw any comparisons
> between the F19 and F75 update regarding depth,
> target separation, and unmasking? (Obviously, the
> size/shape of the stock coils on each machine have
> some bearing on performance in these areas.)
> Vis-a-vis, would the F75 update with the 5x10 DD
> coil provide target separation and unmasking
> approximating that of the F19?

I don't own/use an F75 ncwayne - I shyed away from that one way back when all the reports of bad EMI issues came in on it yrs ago and have just never felt the desire to obtain/try one

Lastly, I noticed your merc and wheatie in your post; so how are you finding the F19 to be in finding coins as opposed to relics (since it's 19kHZ frequency is directed at relics, specifically)?

Keep the F19 posts coming, and keep on making those nice finds!

She hits on coins just fine NC --- maybe not quite as hard on higher conductors as to "some" coins (small/er silver coins mainly) but the nickels, coppers, CW era Injuns/tokens and all that sort of stuff it hits really good on

again though = I'm not a "coin hunter" per se' these days so that's not as important to me as it once was or as it may be to some guys and so if you're one of those "deep silver" coin hunter types then -- there are better machines out there for that task (if that's what you're getting at here)...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 07:37PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
March 28, 2015 07:45PM
The Racer and or the CoRe...do not adhere to what presets should do..

Scary what can be done with a trun on and go compared to a dial in unit..

Ill say this I dont look at a meter in ancinet iron if you do and the site is dead you usually wont dig nothing....it has to be unlocked with audio...And with the ability of machines to user break tone they wont here what the Racer or Core ans some others can do with factory set breaks..the Blending does not happen for the FTP machines...((that may change )) and blending audio and bleedy disc can unmask better than a exact tone break and clean disc....yet it may not be for everyone...some relay on I.D. others rely on Nunaced tone's...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 28, 2015 08:02PM
Thanks, Wayne, for taking the time to respond to my comments/questions. Pretty much the answers I expected/was looking for.
Yes, the F19 presents a tempting offering.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

March 28, 2015 08:09PM
Hey Keith,

I think I get your meaning. You got any examples of blendy audio and bleedy disc on your videos? My ears are not the greatest so I'd hate to have to depend on audio clues, only.
Some of us NEED the VDIs. And the more accurate, the better.

Pleasant Garden, NC