Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Short Makro racer VS Fisher F19 video

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Re: Short Makro racer VS Fisher F19 video
March 29, 2015 03:07PM
>>>>Hello WJS any chance of getting your daughter to narrate again, she is quite the little narrator! That oldest CZ video on your page with you & her is a classic! NICE & HH>>>

I don't think I could talk her into it again.......;o) She is now married with 2 kids. She used to go detecting with me and would even do better than me a lot of time with her F2. I would go around digging deep holes looking for silver and she would cleanup all the shallow clad......
wjs
March 29, 2015 03:09PM
Cabin Fever what kind of ID were you getting on those coins mixed with trash?
March 29, 2015 06:30PM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cabin Fever what kind of ID were you getting on
> those coins mixed with trash?

The 9-10" wheat back was solid 84 one direction 80 to 84 the other direction.
The dime hit solid 84 one direction but bounced from high 70s to low 80s the other direction.
Both sounded nice and I knew they were coins.

I never dug a single nail that didn't come with a coin.
I was fooled 2 times thinking I was digging a coin but didn't.
They were both small flattened aluminum screw tops.
But then again maybe I shouldn't have been fooled.
They both read solid 83 both directions.
All the other copper pennies and clad dimes read a solid 84 at least one direction
Zinks read 82 most of the time but I did have 2 Zinks go 85 on me, both close to trash.
March 30, 2015 12:59AM
Thought I would add a little more info.
I took the racer to what used to be a small country school today for a short hunt.
Put on the 5" hockey puck coil to see how it worked.
I gave up on this site last year because I was overwhelmed by the rusty bottle caps.
Turns out those are no concern for the racer. Easily identified by just raising the coil and
The numbers drop off fast in to the 70s or lower.
The trickiest targets are flattened aluminum caps that sound real nice but always read 83 and also read as
A bigger or more shallow target compared to coins in this area.
The wheat backs read mostly 82 today instead of 84. It's either the smaller coil or the ground which was more mild than
My first hunt.
Found a penny with an aluminum? Nail in the same hole. It was reading low 80s both directions but a little bouncy.
I scanned the nail after it was out of the hole and it read 47.
I also found the First silver for the Racer. 1917 S Merc Dime. iD was 84-85 both directions and you can't shake the numbers.
It locks on the coins with no doubt if there is nothing in the hole with it.
The Racer feels like it has a lot of horse power even with the small coil.

March 30, 2015 04:22AM
I agree, the smashed cap is the biggest fooler for the Racer and small coil. That's OK, I can live with that. But one thing, they lock onto coins. It's funny how they sound, like a out of nowhere fast ramp up and decline short signal. Really not a beep even in DI3 to me. If it's a ramp up with a leveled off plateau=junk cap. The audio I think tells more about a target than any other detector I've used except FORS CoRe unit. It works as or almost as a carbon copy to Racer. The minelabs are a close 2nd to me though.
March 30, 2015 04:50AM
These screwcaps and dozens more gave the 82 and if flatened 82/83...

wheats and pre zincs were reading 84 and 84/83 drop bounce if thin or extra corroded....

Aluminum sounds junky lack of crisp edge definition..... coins sound sweet,compact,copressed,tight...Zincs sound cracky not full high tone but a hightone with undrlying specs of intermingled slight mid tone..almost a speckled sound them...
its hard to hear the nuances with the stock coil like the small coil offers....

Use the I.D along with the Audio excellence to cherry pick when applicable..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 30, 2015 05:09AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree, the smashed cap is the biggest fooler for
> the Racer and small coil. That's OK, I can live
> with that. But one thing, they lock onto coins.
> It's funny how they sound, like a out of nowhere
> fast ramp up and decline short signal. Really not
> a beep even in DI3 to me. If it's a ramp up with
> a leveled off plateau=junk cap. The audio I think
> tells more about a target than any other detector
> I've used except FORS CoRe unit. It works as or
> almost as a carbon copy to Racer. The minelabs
> are a close 2nd to me though.

This would be site dependent but where I was hunting today I knew an aluminum screw cap when I found one.
They all sounded great but rang in at a perfect 83 both ways and the audio put them at an inch or two down.
All the coins at this site were 5 to 6 inches.
My only complaint is after an hour I get a burning pain in my back opposite my swing arm.
I have been spoiled by my Gold Bug Pro. I can swing that thing all day.

I agree with you on audio ID ( and visual ID) and other detectors. I have only owned a few others. CZ5, Minelab 705, Fisher F75 LTD and the GB Po
As well as some other gold detectors but after two times out I'm thrilled with the Racer. Hands down best coin detector I have ever owned.
Deepest in my area too.