Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What would you get?

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What would you get?
May 04, 2015 03:43AM
Ok I like reading your stories so ..... What would you get if someone handed you 1500.00 to spend on a detector new or used and I know we all live in different areas and soil and some prefer coins vs relics or gold and that's ok just tell what and why. I've got a couple of machines on my bucket list and want to see how they compare.
Re: What would you get?
May 04, 2015 03:50AM
I would get another Deus. I would learn it well this time around.
May 04, 2015 04:14AM
Deus or ctx...
May 04, 2015 04:41AM
Whites TDI

Bey
May 04, 2015 05:47AM
I think would have to pass right now I don't see another detector I want or need

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 04, 2015 08:32AM
I don't see anything exciting either, but if I could pick up a machine of my choice for few hours (just to see how it works), it would be a hard choice between a Tesoro Lobo, X-Terra 705, Racer, Fisher CZ3D, or one of XP non wireless products.
May 04, 2015 09:10AM
A CTX to compare to all my other machines for beach hunting.
May 04, 2015 09:38AM
GMP, Tejon, or one of the Russian made units, name escapes me.
May 04, 2015 01:30PM
I would take some of that $1500 and buy a few different coils for the machines I already have.

Nothing really out there right now that has me slobbering to want to buy.

I may actually be looking at getting into my most expensive hobby yet....if you can call it a hobby. It seems that land around here is coming up for sale. Some of it is priced pretty good. Problem is...there's too much of it that I want. I may sell some of these detectors and other toys and buy some acreage.
May 04, 2015 01:46PM
A word to the wise...don't be in a hurry...do your homework and well its your decision ought to cover it as a lot of good units out there...
May 04, 2015 02:13PM
Probably a TDI SL!

Walt,

From the GA-FL line

Silver microMax, CTX 3030, Excal 2, ATPro
May 04, 2015 03:42PM
Hi,,,First off, I would send a Thank-You note etc. to whoever gave me the money.....Since there's no machines currently produced that deserves my consideration I would pass on getting myself one....I may change my mind in the future but if not I would buy a detector or donate the money to a well deserving organization or individual to buy one and promote the hobby more....JJ
May 05, 2015 08:34AM
would skip the detector altogether, and buy food!
vanishing commodity around here.what with
what it costs nowadays! ..probably a "ctx" just to try it!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 05, 2015 11:25AM
Well----if I "needed" one (and I don't)-----CTX, Etrac, Deus, F-19 (in that order).----Those two Minelabs are just dynamite in our situation & area(s) we hunt.---I just wish they would loose a little weight--but I do LOVE the balance of the CTX.------A person just has (to the best of their ability) figure out what detector(s) work the best for them in their hunt environment/situation.------A VERY wise man----not me smiling smiley----once said-----"buy a detector that fits your personality"!------How true that is!------I would just add---then use it & learn it thoroughly.
May 05, 2015 11:49AM
Xp Deus. Great all around machine.
May 05, 2015 01:02PM
I would buy some of the Tesoro's that are not produced any longer - Conquistador uMax, Toltec II, Silver Sabre uMax, etc. A few other detectors that I would like to try some time - CZ3D, Etrac, T2, F75.
May 07, 2015 07:30PM
Wow - interesting responses from the group so far - the majority would not buy anything. - I am guessing that is because this is a very seasoned group who have kind of had there hands on most detectors that interested them and kept the ones they liked already.

For me - maybe a used White's dual field or used Minelab Excalibur and use the difference to buy me a week in a hotel by a nice beach and try some beach and surf hunting. I have always wanted to try it. Another option would be to use the money for a trip to England and hunt for some really old relics - but not sure $1500 would be enough. So maybe a trip to the south and try some of that Civil war hunting I hear so much about.

Or go to Florida with my current gear and get a one on one with Tom himself.

If I had to spend it on a detector. - The XP Deus followed by the CTX.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 07, 2015 08:51PM
A nice Deus setup
May 07, 2015 11:42PM
Gpx 5000 and hit all these pounded relic spots that are drying up
May 08, 2015 01:01AM
V3i. It can do it all.
May 08, 2015 01:32AM
$1500?

I'd buy 15 $100 used Ace250s, then resell them for $130, then with the $450 profit plus the $1500 I'd taked the $1950 and buy an $1800 used Garrett ATX and a one-way plane ticket to Oz, where I'd find a giant 5.5kg gold nugget, then sell it for $300,000 and retire.
May 08, 2015 09:00PM
Well, after thinking about it,

I think I'd find me a very nice, hot, properly working, CZ3D and a CZ5 for parts and send them to Paul, know as Paul (CA) and (Old California) and have him make me a modified CZ 3D just like his.

I've loved that thing every since I first saw the picture.

HH
Mike
May 08, 2015 11:26PM
Not really dying for anything, but guess I'd probably try a ctx. Don't really relish the minelab weight, but I've always wanted to give one a go...
May 09, 2015 12:45PM
it depends on what type of hunting you want to do, 1500 can buy you a lot of machine or buy you a couple of them depending if you want to hunt land and water, good luck, we all have gone thru it, so of the guys buy new machines every year to try them out, would seem fun to try it