Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I don't want to sell you...

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I don't want to sell you...
May 05, 2015 04:31AM
I gave this a lot of thought today, and i am wondering what to do. The one thing we all have common is the desire for the magic bullet. We want a detector that's going to continue to deliver, forever. But such a machine doesn't exist. How many times have we been "fooled" into thinking, "that's the detector for me. It's going to solve all my problems", only to find out it isn't what we expected. There are some on here that are quite convincing and very passionate and sincere when they review a machine. Their intent isn't to sell you(then again, there are some that ARE trying to sell you(not that this is a bad thing)). The V3i IS what I was looking. Im happy with it. I don't want to be one of those guys that steers someone into buying one based solely on my review of the machine because, in truth, even though I don't want to, I will be partially bias.. Having said that, the question is, should I do the massive amount of tests and reviews I WANT to do, or should I just be silent?

I know in the scope of things, this may seem trivial, however, I just want to know what the members think.

Thanx as always

Bey
Re: I don't want to sell you...
May 05, 2015 05:24AM
By all means, test and review away! Give us your best shot <g>.
In the end, it is not you or anyone else who sells us. We sell ourselves. We formulate a desire and seek out the arguments that we need to act on that desire.
If you don't provide those arguments, and we desire that machine, we'll find our arguments somewhere else.
That's what I think.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 05, 2015 06:07AM
Review it! It allows the forum members who have not had one of those machines in their own hands to get an idea of what that machine is capable of and what it's weaknesses are even if it is just your opinion. We are all pretty much adults here, and if you manage to sell one of us on your newest, hottest, best detector ever made. Then that person was probably going to buy it already. They just wanted an excuse to buy it anyway.
May 05, 2015 08:15AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I gave this a lot of thought today, and i am
> wondering what to do. The one thing we all have
> common is the desire for the magic bullet. We want
> a detector that's going to continue to deliver,
> forever. But such a machine doesn't exist. How
> many times have we been "fooled" into thinking,
> "that's the detector for me. It's going to solve
> all my problems", only to find out it isn't what
> we expected. There are some on here that are quite
> convincing and very passionate and sincere when
> they review a machine. Their intent isn't to sell
> you(then again, there are some that ARE trying to
> sell you(not that this is a bad thing)). The V3i
> IS what I was looking. Im happy with it. I don't
> want to be one of those guys that steers someone
> into buying one based solely on my review of the
> machine because, in truth, even though I don't
> want to, I will be partially bias.. Having said
> that, the question is, should I do the massive
> amount of tests and reviews I WANT to do, or
> should I just be silent?
>
> I know in the scope of things, this may seem
> trivial, however, I just want to know what the
> members think.
>
> Thanx as always
>
> Bey

you should be loud and obnoxious if you like!
consider the alternative!..no one will "gain" from your spewing all kinds of knowledge,
if you remain silent!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 05, 2015 10:37AM
No one can sell us old farts unless we really want to buy. Test away, post,.... and we will certainly be appreciative.
May 05, 2015 11:24AM
We all want to buy - try all the detectors and learn what they are about, sadly we can't.
So we look to others who can, to give us their experiences with them.............

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 05, 2015 12:21PM
Impress us.
wjs
May 05, 2015 12:24PM
Now if this was the latest greatest thing on the market and you were a tester then people might be suspicious but we all know that is it the greatest thing on the market just not the latest....Lol Post away I may learn something new.
May 05, 2015 12:51PM
I love the V3i and have had at least 3 or 4 of them the reason being that I would read about some of the latest and greatest only to find out they were the latest but not the greatest and get me another V3i. I like CTX and Etrac too but for me the V3i and all it's settings is the cats meow. I am 73 and have been hunting since 1970 and have tried almost every detector out there and somehow since the V3i came out it is still on top of the heap.
May 05, 2015 02:05PM
Your opinions and tests would be appreciated ought to cover it....Whites makes good complicated units and we may all learn something along the way...
May 05, 2015 03:25PM
I tried the V3 but for relic hunting it doesn't work for me and when I was hunting in South Carolina last winter there were about 150 hunters and we hunted a huge area of land that they had a battle on. Never saw a whites lots of deus's, lots of Fishers and some minelabs...so for me the deus and the racer are all I need till the next wave comes out...I'm taking a look at the F19 to see how it does compaired to the racer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 05, 2015 04:01PM
By all means, any nuggets you can find may be useful to some. I'm glad your enjoying the machine, that screen is really cool to hunt with. My personal experience was a lot of the tweaks while good in concept often didn't result in very tangible changes in the dirt. The real keys were running single freq for depth and putting the right coil on the machine for the task at hand. I often ran it scalding hot but in all honesty the factory programs are sparkier on the V3i than previous models and do quite well.
May 05, 2015 05:03PM
Just be honest...that's all you can do..

And if your a bit biased so be it...we all are biased for one machine or another at any given time...but WE know enthusiasm breeds passion and that passion will create useful info that a MELANCHOLY attitude would not

The main thing to remember is to try and be forthright and honest and if you see something the machine does better then show it in great detail...theres tons of great units and we all pretty much Know which ones do what..but if you see one doing something UNIQUE now that's worth talking about for sure...and it may just be one small thing it does .. but that might be as you say the magic bullet for someone...

I myself have had machines that really are nothing new or bring nothing new to the table to Talk about so I do not talk of them...

I would find a review fascinating to read..especially from other type of hunters views...

Anyways, you dont own Whites or sell Whites so what would you have to gain but to just be truthfull..

I know its hard at times and I too have to catch myself from time to time as im VERY DETECTOR OCD ..I have to calm down and remember its a detector ...

Ive typed whole paragraphs and then erased them because I find them too Biased feeling and maybe too full of emotion...Its hard to remove emotions from anything...but remember its just a detector ...its just a detector..Ok I have to call my therapist now...LOL!!

Im waiting for your write up while im on hold...Dang I cant stand Barry Manilow...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 06:39PM by Keith Southern.
May 05, 2015 05:08PM
Again you guys continue to impress me with your honesty and directness. Like I said i got a lot of ideas brewing so the first thing i will be doing is starting simple and increase from there. Air test is the first thing. I work mid shift so i usually post late at night or in the day.

Bey
May 06, 2015 09:57AM
Enquiring minds want to hear what you like about the V3I myself I'm biased as heck when it comes to my AT-Gold I don't think there's a machine on the market that would increase my finds enough to make me switch to another cause I know this machine so well.
May 06, 2015 12:55PM
Be yourself - be honest - talk about the good and the bad (you have already done this in your intro to the V3) and fear not how we will take what we read. Trust me it will be fine. I for one and very interested in hearing what you find and see with V3I - been my bucket list of detectors for a while - I always that it was underrated - prove me right (if I am right of course).

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!