Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for you CoRe/racer aficionados...

Posted by bubbadirect 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for you CoRe/racer aficionados...
May 07, 2015 12:58AM
When you are deep coin shooting or better yet, relic hunting, do you stop and dig those nice faint sounding signals with no TID display ? I wonder if it is 2 things 1) very , VERY small target or 2) something good, yet Deep. Maybe deeper than normal, hence, no tid?

Is it Something that the machine can't identify yet ,something good and deep, fringe targets, etc?

The main reason I ask is because I am probably passing some deep oldies, and possibly goodies?

What y'all think about these type faint yet good sounding signals /beeps? With no other verification, other than the high pitched BEEP.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge friends.

Bubba.
Re: Question for you CoRe/racer aficionados...
May 07, 2015 01:10AM
Absolutely. Ive dug about a half dozen 3 ringers right at the 10'' mark with no or just a hint of tid that stabilized around 88 ID after kicking back the topsoil. A lot easier in the woods obviously. Audio is king!
May 07, 2015 01:55AM
big iron
May 07, 2015 02:45AM
That goes for any detector, in my oponion.
May 07, 2015 10:45AM
Deadlift and coin ranger , I'm ok with both if those answers! Maybe i have been a missing shell frags and deeper bullets too? Ugh! It's time to go back and retry my hunting grounds again!
May 07, 2015 04:52PM
BD I think that takes a very special set of circumstances for it to happen. The target has to be right at that perfect range from the coil maybe within a half inch or less from seeing it or nothing at all. Granted that small space in the dirt column is there but kinda like a lottery for it to win for ya. That was my first time with these machines seeing it because I hunt home depot hardware shelves for dirt most of the time. Now saying that, moving out into lesser polluted areas made it happen for me on a couple of objects in one hunt. MMM maybe I need to get into the lawn business for the summer lol.
May 08, 2015 02:43AM
I think you get the faint sound with the two tones and if you lower your gain a bit you will still get the same depth but a softer tone on the deeper targets. I tested this and made a video and posted it and 45-59 seemed to be really deep but those deep targets has a softer lighter tone. And I like that..also when you pin point on a deep target that is softer even at 70

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 08, 2015 03:14AM
Yes dig faint sounds in two tone....with no I.D.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 09, 2015 04:25AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes dig faint sounds in two tone....with no I.D.
>
> Keith

In 2 mode only Keith? Not all 3? Or it didn't matter?
May 09, 2015 05:24PM
Yes dig them in any tone mode with no I.D...

But I have found on my unit in 3 tone I never get a blank I.D.

But I have a different unit from the final..

But if you get a weak tight round sounding hit with no I.D. dig it up...

Might be the find of a lifetime..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 10, 2015 11:56PM
Thank you for your input Keith, Jack, and LowBoy! I'm hoping to get back relic hunting on Tuesday or Thursday, depending on work schedule. I have found 2 tone to be deeper than 3 tone, but 3 tone cranked up DOES really well.

Now I just want (need) to try the suggestions put forth and dig those faint signals. I have found that I enjoy digging the first plug on those questionable ones ANYWAY. And if the signal DOESN'T get better with the first plug out, I replace the dirt plug and move on to the next signal! :-)