Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Racer is here - time for a 5 inch coil shoot out with my T2

Posted by Bryannagirl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Racer is here - time for a 5 inch coil shoot out with my T2
May 07, 2015 09:05PM
Just got my Racer Pro Pack. Hooked it up and took for a short spin on the porch and backyard. Ran a little chatty inside but was able to quite it down with freq shift - outside very quite. Over my deck nails you can tell it has fast response. No side by side yet but seems comparable to T2 in two tone. Menu pretty straight forward. Not much to guess on. (Only thing I am not sure of yet is units in pinpoint - think they are CM assume that is the only choice being a unit from Europe).

Played with a penny in the grass on edge going face to face got normal two beep along edge it was one. Volume is pretty quite. I have got used to hunting with out headphones - yea I know they help but headphones and girl hair are a pain. Plus I feel safer when I can here more around me. Like fit and finish. Depth with a 5 inch coil I am pretty sure T2 trumps Racer for depth, and was surprised How fast I lost VID - Long before tone was lost. Going over deck nails an pennies could hear the good mixed with the bad in most cases but not 100%. Also the VID down averages pretty much in deck nail environment. Just playing in the grass found a few targets like how stable the VID is when you do nail down a target.

So my out of box impression. - pretty nice. Like the tones better then T2 a little more earthy if that makes any sense - T2 more mechanical. Depth - this just swinging in discrimination mode T2 wins, but in all Metal may be a tie but T2 has VID in all metal so that's a feather in the T2s cap.. Like the backlight how it comes on when you hit a target - display is clear and easy to ready and I think I like it better then T2, but not by much.

I will take the Racer out for a private lesson (the racer is going to teach me how she communicates in real dirt with real junk. First lessons will be with 5 inch coil. Later I will try 11 inch and then it will be time for a death match 2015 - T2 vs Racer.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
Re: The Racer is here - time for a 5 inch coil shoot out with my T2
May 07, 2015 09:28PM
Press the + & - buttons while turning on the Racer and it should display US. That will put it in inches.
May 07, 2015 10:21PM
Thanks - will do.

FollowTheBeep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Press the + & - buttons while turning on the Racer
> and it should display US. That will put it in
> inches.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
May 07, 2015 11:53PM
[ "all Metal may be a tie but T2 has VID in all metal so that's a feather in the T2s cap.. " ]

The Racer also has VID in All metal mode.
You also said your volume was quiet. Mine can go quite loud. The on off dial controls your volume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 12:02AM by Cabin Fever.
May 08, 2015 12:49PM
Odd did not VID in all metal will try again. Also did turned up. Normal targets seemed quite - but overload was plenty loud.

Cabin Fever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [ "all Metal may be a tie but T2 has VID in all
> metal so that's a feather in the T2s cap.. " ]
>
> The Racer also has VID in All metal mode.
> You also said your volume was quiet. Mine can go
> quite loud. The on off dial controls your volume.

Bryanna - Nebraska