Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My 3rd Gold Ring from Reappering Trough

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My 3rd Gold Ring from Reappering Trough
May 08, 2015 06:27PM
So I decided to walk back to an area I found a trough last May and found a 14k man's wedding band and a 14k ladies band. Together they hardly weighed 3.5 grams It had filled in after the storm that went up the coast in early June of last year. Sure enough a small one had formed and it was almost dead low tide when I got there. Didn't take but one swing to get my first target and they just kept coming. Started with just the weights then the coins started showing up. The 14k showed up last. Has "With Love 9-19-92 inscribed in it along with the makers mark of KMTZ. Keeping in touch with a friend that is there to see how the storm affects the sand movement and when to head back. Should be some erosion somewhere down there. Also picked up a SS ring last time I was there in early April but in the dry sand. HH JR
[www.treasurenet.com]
Re: My 3rd Gold Ring from Reappering Trough
May 08, 2015 06:58PM
Cool beans!
May 08, 2015 07:13PM
Congrats on the gold rings and more importantly learning to read that beach a little better. Troughs tend to appear over and over at the same location. Find a few more just like that one and life is good!!!
May 08, 2015 07:24PM
Nice finds ShovelNose! Wtg!

Walt,

From the GA-FL line

Silver microMax, CTX 3030, Excal 2, ATPro
May 09, 2015 12:48PM
you might be getting some rough weather this weekend, how it opens the beaches up and just give you the needed rain, good finds
May 09, 2015 12:56PM
Thanks guys. Dry sand hunting just hasn't produced as well for me. Was hoping to go down on Sunday but the weather is going to be to strong to enjoy. Working on Monday but storm is moving slow.
May 09, 2015 01:26PM
Nice finds, I have never done any beach detecting but bet it would be lots of fun. I imagine the odds of finding rings/jewelry is alot better on the beach/sand than on hard dirt. My goal way up here in northern New York is to find a class ring (and return it), haven't found one yet but one of these days........
May 09, 2015 02:34PM
Nice one!