Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ground balancing a 1021 cz3d ?????

Posted by cobra 1021 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ground balancing a 1021 cz3d ?????
May 08, 2015 10:22PM
Does anybody know the proper way to ground balance a cz3d ????? Watched a few videos on youtube , but it seems like everybody does it different.
Re: ground balancing a 1021 cz3d ?????
May 08, 2015 11:36PM
Bobbing method works best.
May 08, 2015 11:51PM
Cobra,
There's two ways I'll do it, depending on how 'picky' I get.
Both generally follow the instructions in the manual.

After turning on and setting volume;

more 'accurate' method:
1. Turn to all metal
2. Turn sens all the way up (you'll hear the threshold that way)
3. Bob and adjust ground control until minimal tone change
4. Switch to desired mode.
5. Back off sens to whatever is stable (if necessary)

other/quicker method:
1. Leave in whichever mode you're in.
2. Turn sens up all the way
3. Press and hold PP button with coil in air.
4. Lower coil to ground and listen for threshold change
5. Adjust ground, release PP and repeat process from #3 until very slighty positive (VERY slight tone increase)
6. Back off sens if necessary

That's what works for me, anyhow.

mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2015 11:53PM by Mike in CO.
May 09, 2015 12:03AM
Perfect, Thanks Mike. Never used a tuned 1021 from dankowski before and just had the privilege of buying one last week, and going on my first hunt with it tomorrow at a old 1900's house. Just wanted to make sure this thing was set right so I don't miss anything. lol. Thanks again for your knowledge
May 09, 2015 12:13AM
You are most welcome. (I'm sure most guys here could have given you that same info...I just happened to be first.)

Since this is your first 3D, you'll want to make sure to check those old house signals from a couple different directions/angles.
The old Fisher likes it's iron/nails, especially in damp ground, but you'll soon learn the sounds.

Have fun,
mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2015 12:14AM by Mike in CO.
May 09, 2015 12:28AM
I have owned a couple 1021 and 1121 before and always had my friend I hunt with try and set it for me. I've found barbers and merc's and tons of Wheaties here in Ohio, but never had a certified dankowski 1021. I hope this one does me well, just wanted to know exactly how to set it up to its top performance. Probably won't sleep tonight I'm so excited to get back out there with certified 1021 and find the good stuff it's been a few years !!!
May 09, 2015 01:18AM
Good info from fellows posting....I always turn up the volume to max myself....If a target won't repeat from at least two directions move on unless its really deep.
If pinpoint seems to move after you have dug a partial plug move on. Now if targets are real scarce and get that gut feeling do go after target but all in all the two above mentioned are not a coin but junk....
May 09, 2015 01:33AM
Ive got a video on my Youtube channel on how to power balance the CZ...

It may not be what your looking for but check it out..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 09, 2015 02:11AM
I always do the Bobbing method slightly Positive as some like it neutral. I like to set my volume at 4 so the deeper targets past 6'' are softer sounding,But this is a personal preference thing I always run 0 Disc. as I let the tones tell me want to dig.All CZ-3D's are a little different on the Sens.setting between 4-4.8 depending where it starts to chatter. Mine is good to about 4.5 max depth and smoothest running. Again this is the way I run mine others prefer to run theirs different.
May 09, 2015 03:01AM
Thanks for all the great info , I really do appreciate it !!!! maybe I'll post what my finds are tomorrow if there worthy !!!
May 09, 2015 04:13AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always do the Bobbing method slightly Positive
> as some like it neutral. I like to set my volume
> at 4 so the deeper targets past 6'' are softer
> sounding,But this is a personal preference thing I
> always run 0 Disc. as I let the tones tell me
> want to dig.All CZ-3D's are a little different on
> the Sens.setting between 4-4.8 depending where it
> starts to chatter. Mine is good to about 4.5 max
> depth and smoothest running. Again this is the way
> I run mine others prefer to run theirs different.

Exactly how I run my CZ's except I run the sens as high as I can

All other settings/methods/etc = the same