Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Quicksilver "Convertible"

Posted by trond 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Quicksilver "Convertible"
July 20, 2010 04:33PM
Hey there handy friends...
Here are two tips for long rainy summer evenings....

No 1 ---some time ago I converted our old CZ6a from the flimsy chest/-hip mounted model to a sturdy "Minelab Sovereign"
inspired Q.S.Ltd Edition.
With the control house now mounted upside-down on the underside of the stem-just below the detector stand I get good ergonomics and
optimal balance when the sweeping gets tough.

No 2 Spade shaping or how to make your own digging tool for soft ground or sandy conditions.
-for some years now I have made small single hand spades and probes from PVC- or c-PVC- tubes using a hot air gun to form or mould them into functional digging tools.
I use mostly dark grey "Pipelife"32x2.4 PN16 STS 430 cPVC which I get from my local firm "GPA" here in Ski in Norway.
With the help of a small fine cutting saw ,some fine and coarse files,a pair of thick leather gloves and a STEINEL 1750W
hot air gun I am able to make blunt or sharp, long or short, fat or slim-probes ,spades ,-sand tubes ,scoops,scrapers or whatever my fantasy wants me to test out.
-having tested different plastics I prefer the c-PVC for its ability to be hand shaped and not getting brittle in the process
check this link for more info: [www.gpa.nu] use the google toolbar for translation
thanks for loooking in and happy hunting...
trond

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 04:43AM by trond.