Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wow my CZ is hot!!!

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wow my CZ is hot!!!
May 26, 2015 01:49AM
I was at work Friday sitting in a chair making brackets for the big led lights we build (http://ephesuslighting.com/products-solutions/) and the top of my right leg felt like it was burning. I didn't think much about it and kept working. Then it felt worse, really hot so I stood up grabbed the top of my leg and felt something in my pocket. Oh ya now I remember it is my battery pack for my CZ-7, I was going to go on a quick hunt afer work and took one of the battery packs out as the CZ uses battery even when turned off. I reached in my pocket to remove the battery pack and almost burnt my hand, on break I used one of the food/drink machines and got some change back and somehow a dime got in between two batteries and made them short. It melted the battery pack a little bit but the detector still works fine. You talk about a hot CZ, I got one.
Re: Wow my CZ is hot!!!
May 26, 2015 01:58AM
Imagine a Li Pro!!!!!! You could have been burned real bad. Glad you didn't get hurt.
May 26, 2015 04:38PM
Do family jewels burn?.......Honestly watch how you store your batteries loose as if they make contact can burn down a house...
May 26, 2015 05:52PM
You were very lucky, Could have been serious burns on your hand.

A little off subject here, Got out this weekend with my CZ-3D, Was comparing both larger coil with stock 8" coil. Between the two felt the 8" was the better coil for the type of soil we were hunting, Less masking and depth was about the same. Later, We starting comparing signals one buddy would find a deep signal and call over whoever was nearby, And to our surprise each of our detectors could detect the others signals including the CZ-3D. Fun day, Each of us scored a few keepers from 1850 era.

Glad your CZ is ok and most of all your hand as well, Thanks for the battery shorting headsup,

Paul