Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is this real or a sales pitch

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Is this real or a sales pitch
May 29, 2015 07:26PM
Check out this ebay listing for an Explorer SE Pro. Says it a high output Euro edition.

This detector will match or surpass any of the current detectors on the market today for depth and accuracy

This is a new detector with full factory warranty.
I HAVE TWO AVAILABLE

THESE EXPLORERS WERE MADE FOR THE EUROPEAN MARKET,
WITHOUT THE RESTRICTIONS PLACED ON THE U.S. METAL DETECTORS BY THE F.C.C.

THESE DETECTORS SHOULD EXCEED THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY
F.B.S. MINELAB DETECTOR MADE FOR THE AMERICAN DOMESTIC MARKET.

[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2015 07:27PM by wjs.
Re: Is this real or a sales pitch
May 29, 2015 07:54PM
Not sure one way or other, but the seller has a long positive feedback. and likely has done some research before posting,it's not easy getting a 100% feedback on Ebay with so many fickle buyers... HH

remember Ebay gives instant refund if listing is not as described or any reason really buyers have no worry of loosing money in most cases

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2015 07:55PM by guvmore.
May 29, 2015 07:57PM
Sounds like it may warrant a call to ML?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
May 29, 2015 08:28PM
I hate to think we all have tuned down machines.
May 29, 2015 08:39PM
Serial # 40428501251 & #40428501262
May 29, 2015 08:40PM
Don't know if it's for real or not. But I find it hard to believe. Xp Goldmaxx machines have found there way into the USA. I would have thought one of these HIGH output would have surfaced at least mentioned on this forum. (2013 Model) Hard to slip something by all the folks on this forum. Our old buddy Earthmansurfer (Albert) sure hasn't ever used or mentioned I don't believe. Is there any talk on any of the overseas forums about either the machine or a minelab user digging unusual deep depths and finding coins????
May 29, 2015 08:48PM
No knowledge but sounds like a carefully worded line of bull to me.
May 29, 2015 08:53PM
Absolutely Champ.
nothing said in the ad can be proven either for or against the sellers claims.

"should meet or exceed" , restrictions for Euro market are certainly different(could be worse!)

same FCC sticker requirement on back of unit------ because?!!!

Cleverly worded , that's all.
May 29, 2015 09:20PM
My 2 bits worth: The FCC & CE (European) regulations restrict interference-causing emissions in the Megahertz range up to the Gigahertz range. So they're primarily targeted at the main electronics board, and things like microprocessors, switch-mode power regulators, and maybe the mains battery-charger. So if these units are CE certified, but not FCC, it might imply they generate more interference, but more likely it means they haven't been officially tested and verified to meet US standards. I think any real performance gain is non-existent, but the seller is trying to imply there is.
If there was a difference, he'd go into details, wouldn't he? It's xx% deeper on this coin, yy% deeper in this soil etc.
May 29, 2015 10:46PM
If someone is that curious,why not just call the person and ask him about the unit? He is in michigan, 1-269-685-1776
May 29, 2015 10:51PM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> THESE EXPLORERS WERE MADE FOR THE EUROPEAN
> MARKET, WITHOUT THE RESTRICTIONS PLACED ON THE U.S. METAL
> DETECTORS BY THE F.C.C.

This is an adjunct to porcine whole-body cleanliness. In other words, TOTAL HOGWASH.
May 29, 2015 11:07PM
Hes probably read about the ones being built in Ireland better than the Malaysia ones..

Probably not trying to misleed but probably read somewhere the Euros ones are hotter than the Asian ones??

Who Knows...but I would like a Euro built one over a Malaysian one if I was going to keep it for a decade...Why??? Not really sure on that either LOL..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 30, 2015 01:36AM
BS fcc regulation on detectors is mostly a myth. The limit is science and battery drain.
I believe part 15b on unintentional radiators apply on over 9khz. Even then a company need only state compliance not actually test. Some companies like first Texas did test g2 t2 and f75 and records are on the fcc website. Mostly you see entries on testing wireless modules in the 2.4ghz space.
May 30, 2015 10:23AM
Its Ebay....... they are trying to sell a machine. As PT Barnum says...... their is a sucker born every day. Most people, especially those who never used and Exp would be pretty impressed with the out of the box depth of the machine. Like most machines people buy....... they dont know how to test um or how they should work..... so they dont know if they work right or not initially.

Dew
May 30, 2015 02:09PM
Seems to me E-bay is a good sellers market and poor buyers market....I would proceed with caution as some are good at BS and wording and interpretation are debateable...
May 30, 2015 03:19PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Seems to me E-bay is a good sellers market and
> poor buyers market....I would proceed with caution
> as some are good at BS and wording and
> interpretation are debateable...

I agree the ad even though have not paid much attention to it has some inflated details I don't think Ebay is easy for sellers, in most cases BS in a listing will serve no purpose and it will just guarantee a buyer get's a refund, refunds are extremely easy on Ebay any made up are real reason will do.

If you look at any Ebay page it reads "money back guarrantee" very little risk to buyers, in fact it's buyers that take advantage of sellers in most cases.
Years ago it was a more even field for a seller or buyer today the buyer has all the rights especially a refund period.

Ebay has grown with all the little buyers and sellers now does not need the little buyers sellers and has focused on the mega size sellers, odd because it was the little seller buyer that made Ebay what it has become.
May 30, 2015 05:28PM
As a former MInelab employee with 14yrs service and a hand in the design of all the FBS machines I can say with absolute certainty that post smells of beef gravy!!!
May 30, 2015 05:53PM
Des D Wrote:
> As a former MInelab employee with 14yrs service
> and a hand in the design of all the FBS machines I
> can say with absolute certainty that post smells
> of beef gravy!!!

In this case as noted not likely anyone in the hobby is fooled and if a noob buys is getting a good detector... people have got super rich with interesting ads, I know one lady in advertising that is so rich she can have her ship shipped to anywhere in the world, where's the beef. smiling smiley fizz fizz pop pop
May 30, 2015 08:16PM
It's just like those fancy looking stud dog ads in American cooner and other magazines. Put a big price tag on something and lay out the BS and folks will be suckers for it