Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New aftermarket rod

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New aftermarket rod
May 30, 2015 07:01PM
Have a look at this. A Deus knockoff rod for "bring your own detector"

[md-hunter.com]

From Kiev in Ukrane.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: New aftermarket rod
May 30, 2015 07:55PM
You need to be worried more about the 3rd article down on the right Rick..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 30, 2015 08:14PM
If I were a First Texas competitor, I would definately be worried.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 30, 2015 08:21PM
As for the modular rod, I've been saying that for years. I think it would be great to buy a F19/G2+ control head and then have the option of what kind of rod configuration I want to run, from simple S rod to something collapsible like the Deus. I just don't know what the manufacturers think about the profitability and general acceptance though. It appears there may be a niche market for a 3rd party to do it. As for the FTP article, I want to know if it will attach to a drone so I can watch TV while it goes out and does all the work for me. Xbox detecting.

[md-hunter.com]

I heard Whites is coming out with a new line of stickers in 2016. (couldn't resist-still love them)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2015 08:23PM by TabWhisperer.
May 30, 2015 08:26PM
It is a good idea. Seems someone on here was just talking about recently.
May 30, 2015 08:52PM
Interesting to see the Fisher article....not sure if it's all rubbish, fantasy, or reality?

Also interesting are the comments left:

Sam Wagaman on May 29, 2015 at 10:06 pm

What most don’t know is that Minelab and Fisher , All are affiliated with each other. Gary Storm put Minelab on the map with his Excalibur for Minelab. So When in doubt purchaseing a Detectorpro unit like the new underwater. Gary made it happen.

His works with Fisher and Minelab both so he’s the man behind the mask.

I'm not sure about Wagamans info, it it were true that Gary Storm is the genius behind the Excal, why hasn't the Detectorpro line gotten any traction? Certainly not a popular brand.

I hope there's a bit of truth behind the Fisher article, it's been long rumored they were working out a new multifreq machine.....hopefully it's not more lipstick on Piglet.
May 30, 2015 10:44PM
I've contacted MARS twice in the past about the rods with no response. I gave up.... It's still a super idea.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
May 31, 2015 01:34AM
Really Kenny? Too bad, I need that bad. Most my sites are a long hike, and to not draw attention, I break down my detector and stick in my backpack
June 01, 2015 12:04AM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really Kenny? Too bad, I need that bad. Most my
> sites are a long hike, and to not draw attention,
> I break down my detector and stick in my backpack
I contacted them again so we'll see? This will be the third time in 2 months........Looks like they make some nice coils too.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
June 01, 2015 01:31AM
That's neat rod setup, It should go well I may order a couple.

Recently, Ordered a different type from across the pond and currently using it with the Blisstool V5. Extremely well balanced and collapses down, Light too really like it allot. Will post a pic, It's the center setup with the Blisstool V5 connected to the rod setup.

My GPX 5000 is connected to a Deus shaft, That too is a nice setup.

Paul (Ca)

June 01, 2015 01:54AM
Whered you get that Paul?
June 01, 2015 01:57AM
Hello Ray,

Picked this up on UK eBay, Shipped was around $130 bucks. Decent price, Though about getting another one for the GPX instead of using the Deus shaft.

Wish we had them here in the states.

HH, Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2015 01:58AM by Old California.
June 01, 2015 03:28AM
Very nice set up on all three detectors Paul.
June 03, 2015 05:54PM
What do you guys think of my "renovated" Cz 3d???spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Feels good!!!smileys with beer

June 04, 2015 01:09AM
Looks good. Is it any more comfortable to swing? Is the pinpoint button in a good position without stretching?
June 04, 2015 06:57PM
You are right Tab,…the pinpoint button is too far backwards!!!winking smiley
And the angle of viewing the meter is also a “little” bit wrong! eye rolling smiley
This I will correct later on by moving the control box an inch forward and tilting it a little bit downwards on the front!!cool smiley
So another adapter plate must be fixed on the handle etc…..!!!!
But for the rest it is lighter, balance is better and it feels more rigid!! thumbs down
P.S.:Excuse me once more for my English grammar or vocabulary, Dutch and/or French is the language of Belgium here and so I cannot put enough finesses to explain in detail!!thumbs up
June 05, 2015 01:27AM
troyshadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you guys think of my "renovated" Cz
> 3d???spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> Feels good!!!smileys with beer
>
>
> [i59.tinypic.com]
>
> [i59.tinypic.com]
>
> [i60.tinypic.com]
>
> [i58.tinypic.com]
>
> [i61.tinypic.com]

Looks very clean, I like it.
June 05, 2015 02:22PM
Thanks Cadman for downsizing the pictures!!!!winking smiley

It is the rod of the Golden Mask 5 shown on the picture below!! This machine seems to be very innovating like you can see on a few YouTube-videos demonstrating his sprectrum VDI!![www.youtube.com]

[goldenmask.biz]
June 05, 2015 03:00PM
Looks good but what wonders how it affects the units warranty....
June 05, 2015 04:21PM
No problem Dan-Pa the controlbox, original rod and coil are untouched!!! In no time the "old" version can be re-established!!!smiling smiley