Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Chest/Hip mount for CZ3D

Posted by JeffNS 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Chest/Hip mount for CZ3D
July 28, 2010 11:34AM
Can anybody point me to a site that has alternate chest/hip mounting solutions for the CZ3D line of detectors? Especially interested in chest mounting. I over 6' tall so chest mounting would let me hunt in the 4ft deep areas without any problems...and would lighten the load on day long ventures.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Chest/Hip mount for CZ3D
July 28, 2010 12:34PM
Jeff,

Go to the Findmall forum, use the search feature, type in CZ Chest mount, search range 1 year, and there will be lots of posts with pictures so you can get some ideas.

One of the easiest ways is to go to either an Army/Navy store or possibly a Walmart, etc. and look for one of those 2 inch wide nylon straps that are about 4 feet long, adjustable and have the plastic buckle/snap. You can feed the strap through the CZ's already made slots ( you do have to find one that has a narrow/thin end that can fit through the slots) and have the unit ready to sling over your shoulder or hang from your neck. If you can't find a strap that fits through the slots, then the next bet is to find an old canteen holder or a small nylon bag that the CZ will fit into, and has hooks/loops that a strap can attach to.

I have found around the neck is tricky since you need something else to hold the unit close to your chest since if you don't when you bend over, the unit will sway out. If I have my CZ configured with my strap, it's always over the shoulder mounted. Strap across the chest, unit on my left side, and I ALWAYS rap the cable around my belt 2-3 times prior to attaching it to the unit to eliminate cable strain.

John
July 29, 2010 01:54AM
Jeff,

Check with Fisher. I purchased a chest mount harness about 4 months ago but they had run out of the CZ bags to hang on the harness. I have a commercial seamstress a block from my house and I took the housing over and she made a bag that was similar to one pictured here on the forum in another thread. I like to chest mount also and the velcro fastened bag keeps the sand out and would provide some rain protection for a while. It had a clear vinyl top so you could still read the meter or depth.

Wally
August 25, 2010 03:24AM
I made a chest mount and a hip mount and a Swingy thingy for my 1270 :

chest mount: [www.geotech1.com]

Hip Mount: [metaldetectingforum.com]

Swingy Thingy: [metaldetectingforum.com]

Have some other Mods too.

Hope it helps..