Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Opportunity to use a Blisstool V6,

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Opportunity to use a Blisstool V6,
June 07, 2015 03:37AM
Got out for a day up in Gold Country, A good friend just purchased a new Blisstool V6 model, And ordered the smaller coil both released here in the states last week. He let me borrow his V6 to test out the new ORE mode which currently only the V6 employs. I ordered the smaller coil for my Bliss V5, Was very interested with seeing the differences between the V5 and V6.

What ORE mode does is enhance the V6 to operate in highly mineralized soil, Areas with hot rocks, high content of ore, areas contaminated with iron soil and such. What it also does is help to V6 operate in relic site areas laced with iron, Threshold returns much quicker due to the faster recovery speed. However, With ore mode the V6 does loose some depth, But in an area laced with old iron or in areas with mineralization that's ok since too much sens/gain will only mask the target even more. Between the two, V5 and V6 the V6 ore mode does speed up recovery and in fact threshold returned quickly even in hot dirt or areas with allot of iron. This new feature (ore mode) the V6 has an advantage over a V5, but only in areas ore mode can be used. Otherwise, Both are about equal running with boost and gain.

The new smaller coil is a must have for all Blisstool users, Kicks down a deep signal no problem getting my buried test bed coins were other VLF fall short. Actually, This smaller coil will stay on from here on out for most of my hunting.

Recently, Located a new site. Didn't hunt it until yesterday, For about a hour and half then moved on to easier ground. Been training someone new to the hobby, This new site is too hard for her to detect so we moved on to another site with less mineralization. I'll have to come back to this site in the future without the newbie, Take my time hopefully snag some more keepers between the iron. On this particular new site, The dirt is reddish and with the Deus ground was reading 88, 89 and 90 most of the time. Allot of rusted tin and zillions of square nails, those of you familiar with rusted tin well you know it can be a nightmare with any detector so because of the square nails I've nicked named it (Square nail hill).

My favorite find with the V6 was an bent ladies ring, Nothing special but a cool find none the less knowing it may have been worn by someone I've been reading about in an old book written by Jessie Fremont wife of John Fremont. A poor family based from Jessie's writings, A miners wife. Actually, Found other finds but gave those to the newbie.

Thanks for looking,
Paul (Ca)

Re: Opportunity to use a Blisstool V6,
June 07, 2015 03:46AM
I've been waiting for some good feedback on the V6..Thanks Paul. And the small coil info as well.
June 07, 2015 03:50AM
Great pictures and it looks like you may have found that spot you have been looking for . Congrats. Sounds like her hip has healed up.
June 07, 2015 04:25AM
Thanks TNSS, To be honest, Almost sprung for a V6 but decided to keep my V5 since it does extremely well. ORE mode really works with the V6! But has to be in extremely bad ground to see the advantages of the fast recovery speed and threshold returning quickly as well, ORE mode can be used in old settlements with allot of iron, So yesterdays hunt was for testing the V6 under both of these conditions.

The smaller coil is a winner, Jeepers does it punch down deep kind of scary it may detect as deep or even deeper than the 11" coil under certain conditions.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 04:29AM by Old California.
June 07, 2015 04:26AM
Thanks El,

Yes Indeed, That is one of the spots. Finally found it! Yes, Her hip is healed we must of hiked 4-5 miles yesterday after leaving this site. Plus, As of tomorrow I'll be working here part time as a ranch hand on my days off. Strictly work no metal detecting, That I am looking so forward too the opportunity of working on this particular site smiling smiley

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)
June 07, 2015 07:38AM
Nice area over that way OC! I heard you had his v6 for a test run, keep swinging and let us know what else ya find.
June 07, 2015 01:51PM
Met a very competent hunter a while back and seems he just loves his new Blisstool so good luck in your ventures.
So many detectors so little time ought to cover it especially if you can add in if you have a fat wallet....
June 07, 2015 08:08PM
Paul that's a beautiful spot, and from the finds you posted, looks like it has great potential!

hh,
Brian
June 07, 2015 08:08PM
Really good information on the V6 Paul. Thanks. You have some nice finds from that place already. Is that a Chinese coin in the center of the picture with the square hole in it?...Stuart
June 09, 2015 02:21AM
Thanks Tom, Dan, Brian and Stuart,

Sorry for the slow reply, Logged in allot of time up in this property Sunday and today, Was there a total of 21 hours combined for both days and didn't metal detect not even for a second. In fact, didn't even have a metal detector with me. Kind of pulled a City Slickers move with the owner allowing me to help with his cattle, 13 hours on Sunday and 8 hours today. Working with cattle is hard work, Enjoyed every moment.

Tom, Yes indeed the V6 belongs to Brent. Only used it for a day but that was plenty time to see the benefit with using ore mode. I'm still up in the air with upgrading to a V6, My V5 is plenty of machine for my type of hunting and besides have the Deus for iron ridden sites. Will continue to use both the V5, GPX 5000 and ATX for open areas or pounded sites, One needs a good Pi so I'm covered there and with the V5 being my deepest VLF it does a good job in most mineralization smiling smiley

Dan, I believe Blisstool pricing has been reduced, plus they have a third coil now and one can select what ever coil they want as a package. That's great news for those wanting to get started with a Bliss, If I was to do it all over again would get both the smaller and 11" coil bypassing the larger coil. For my terrain the larger coil is too big and enhances masking. Back east, larger coils somehow do better in relic territory here in my area larger coils only enhance masking. Unless it ocean wet sand hunting, That's an area I can run larger coils with a Sovereign or an Explorer winking smiley

Brian, You bet the area still has great potential so many areas yet to be detected. As I mentioned above, Was there this Sunday and today working along side the owner and his ranch hands. Seen so many places with foraged iron and bits of pottery on the surface, What lay underneath is anyone's guess just know it's from the 1850's era. It's funny, not once did I feel like metal detecting these past two days it was like going back in time and just being there is a dream come true. Hard to describe, Back home now and believe me best vacation time off I've ever had grinning smiley

Stuart, Yes that's a Chinese coin with a hole in the center. Got lucky and scored one with the Bliss, Normally more surface but snagging one is ok with me smiling smiley

Thanks again,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 02:22AM by Old California.
June 09, 2015 08:53PM
Yea Paul, now when you're detecting the site you will feel much more comfortable because you earned it.

I'd like to hear the skinny on the cattle work...tell me a story of the day.
June 10, 2015 05:41PM
Hello ozzie,

For my first time punching cattle, hung in there and really enjoyed it allot! Allot happened, Cattle is hard work, Not a moment of rest always adventurous to the very end.

I think what opened my eyes is our water shortage, Even high up in the mountains water is scarce. We were moving cattle from one fenced field to another because of water shortage, And only a certain amount of cattle were selected for certain fields due to water. Plus, During this process of moving cattle some were selected to be sold and many moved over to certain fields/corrals to be tagged, branded, vaccinated, castrated, preg check and more. Actually helped with tagging them, vaccinated several and held the tail during preg checks. First day put in 13 hours, None stop with the exception of lunch but enjoyed every second. The next day was allot easier, And only put in 8-9 hours.

We did come across one rattlesnake, The owner and I were rounding up a loose calf and the owner almost stepped on a rattlesnake. On this particular property, It's 1500 acres allot of ground to cover. Of the four days I spent there last week, First two days were metal detecting and hiking with a friend who works here. The last two days were strictly work no metal detecting but to be honest really enjoyed the last two days those will always be moments to cherish.

Thanks for asking ozzie, You know I've never be the same and looking so forward to my next adventures day helping out grinning smiley

HH, Paul
June 10, 2015 07:10PM
Good deal Paul. A few days to recoup sounds like it may be needed....thanks for the story.
June 11, 2015 12:57AM
You're welcome Ozzie,

HH, Paul
June 11, 2015 01:17AM
Nice digs there Paul.

Very good selection/variety of finds ----- all "period" from the looks of it thumbs down

Definitely a site worth hunting a few times over with a variety of machines!

Your story of the cattle drive/roundup/adventure is inspiring and interesting to say the least.

I have to admit though - I keep seeing images of "City Slickers" playin in my mind and laughing because somehow I picture you as "Curly"!

Congrats and keep us posted smiling smiley
June 11, 2015 07:46PM
Thanks Wayne,

That's funny, Curly (Jack Palance) is one of my favorite western actors. Met him once when he was shopping at a grocery store I worked in, He had a home in that town.

The owner of the property would best fit the description of Curly, In fact the owner resembles Lloyd Bridges. Extremely hard worker and kindest person one could meet, Looking so forward to being a helping hand in the future. I'm very fortunate to know him, as well as his ranch hands they too are wonderful had working individuals.

Thanks again Wayne,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2015 07:47PM by Old California.