Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Target separation and ID on deep targets. Nokta vs Explorer.

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Target separation and ID on deep targets. Nokta vs Explorer.
June 12, 2015 04:57AM
Which one comes out on top? Can the Nokta Core find good targets the Explorer missed? What do the cognoscenti say?

I owned 3 different Explorers. So I know the capabilities of the original Explorer...
Re: Target separation and ID on deep targets. Nokta vs Explorer.
June 12, 2015 09:31AM
I say the Explorer is deeper, but the Nokta will find some targets that are mixed in with other metals. I think the answer would be they will both find targets one after the other. I did it with a Deus and CTX all the time. Given the choice of which detector I would rather hunt with I'll take the depth of the Explorer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2015 11:47AM by goodmore.
June 12, 2015 10:29AM
"Though I have yet to switch ON a 'Core' my answer to the Q would be Yes"

If the "Racer" knocked my socks off in Explorer test patches then I wouldn't hesitate to say that so will the FORS Core?"

I'll tell you for sure in the Fall, when I get to test it!"

Des D
June 12, 2015 11:44AM
Emphatically yes. Now I haven't ran an Explorer..... but the CoRe for me knocked the socks off of all of these by a long shot in trash. CTX with small coil and stock, GB. 705 with small coil, the Deus I have since since sent to another home, T2 with small coil. several Whites and Tesoro's and a few more. I mean seriously whipped their tails, you had to be there. You don't know what you don't know. First you have to see the targets, none of these could see what the CoRe was seeing. It ID'ed the targets with audio and TID nicely...... This was 6-7 inch range and under. In an couple of old houses front yards, not a house demolition site. Several hunts with CTX and Racer and Core with stock coils. The CTX number ID'ed slightly better seemed like, but not much better than the two turkish machines, but the number of finds way exceeded the CTX because it just did not see a lot of the targets. Most would call these house yards trashy. They weren't compared to what I normally hunt. I keep seeing the catch phrase "for the money" when it comes to the Turkish machines. I feel that's to soothe the afterthought of spending 2000 to 2500 dollars on a machine that these will outhunt, sort of buyers unmorse eye rolling smiley Tough to tell someone, even me back then, Novenber, that you're girlfriend (machine dubbed the greatest) is getting outhunted by another. It's called for a lack of better words.....machine envy LOL. It's tough when a new guy/machine is eyeballing your at that time girlfriend, she might get replaced!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2015 12:16PM by Jack Flynn.
June 12, 2015 12:32PM
Speaking as a racer/explorer guy yes, especially little brass targets. That said I pulled 2 deep coins saturday with the explorer in a small car sized spot thats been racered to death.

In my mind they compliment each other. The quick recovery of the core w/the ability to let non ferrous sqeek through and the ability to creep and punch down with the explorer and listen to that world class audio is a deadly combo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2015 12:33PM by deadlift.
June 12, 2015 07:27PM
They both use the Blendy Audio to let you audible senses decide of if yuo wan to dig or not...

But the CoRe/racer are both quicker in recovery and still use belendibility for a more IN YOUR EAR ALERT..

And by this I mean the Explorer can caliope along right nicely in dense trash and iron especially using the 4.5x7 coil and you can hear the never ending tone role....

But a CoRe has the distinction of tone rolling too but it does have a shut down period too in term of it can RESET itself and ISOLATE a tone quicker and that in my opinion is the way a Bleedy blendy audio should work ...more exact in terms of isolation.. the Blendy audio of a explorer while a nice attribute is limited to the upper ranges of the soil because of the non stop report...

So blendy blendy audio coupled to Speration gives between peeks for more depth even in the denser iron and or trash..

Now on isolated targets the explroer can get quite deep as everyone Knows and in certian dirts the explorers do better than in other dirts...both machines are capable of depth but your locale may be the decider..

if I hunterd iron alot (I DO) and hunted isolated less I woud stay with a CoRe/Racer and 'OOR 5' as my main assault on a dense iron site ..it will find stuff the explorer will not see..Not just the explorer though,many to non will not see in that aspect..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 09:09PM by Keith Southern.
June 16, 2015 07:13PM
Detectorists,
The answer to your question would be site dependent. The tone of the explorers if set up correctly definitely are copper/silver alerters. Lower conductors don't stand out as well. The CoRe and Racer, the tone is more dependent it seems on the alloy mix of the target. They seem to give cleaner signals on the "good stuff" a lot of times versus junk. Only thing is when 2 different nonferrous are close, this is where it gets tricky, not so much say a coin in iron.

Coil management is easier with both CoRe and Racer with small OOR coils. The explorers even the etrac many times require not sweeping but wiggling to get the signal, I've even experienced this many times with CTX. Granted I've even had this experience with Racer and CoRes with small coils attached. But remember IMO if you have to wiggle a Racer or CoRe with small OOR coil attached to get a signal, IMO minelab probably won't hear the target no matter what you do.

It's all relative and this is why detector comparisons on undug targets are so good to use to compare and see differences in performance.
And many I notice here and elsewhere report many times of digging say nails with their coins. Sometimes I feel the nails actually made the coins easier to hear, especially if they are grounded to the coin. And the nails sometimes act as reflectors for the return signal. This is obviously speculation, but I thinks some if it has merit.