Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom is the GB reading on the Omega . . .

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom is the GB reading on the Omega . . .
August 03, 2010 04:59AM
Tom I've always been under the impression from discussions here and other forums that a higher ground balance reading on say the Omega or F75 was indicative of better ground, and a lower reading was indicative of ground with higher mineral content.

Any comment on this?

Thanks!
Brian
Re: Tom is the GB reading on the Omega . . .
August 03, 2010 10:17PM
The Grnd Bal numbers are only an indication of the TYPE of dirt.....................and has nearly NOTHING to do with the VOLUME of mineralization. This is also to say; you may have someone with a Grnd Bal of... say '43' in Illinois. And another person with the EXACT same Grnd Bal number of '43'.....but he is located in N. Georgia. The guy in Georgia can properly ID a penny to a depth of 1". The guy in Illinois can properly ID a penny to 8". They both have the same TYPE of mineralization...............but the guy in Georgia has a much higher VOLUME of mineralization; posing the greatest handicap.

Same thing can happen with two different people.........in two different States.......and both of them having a Grnd Bal of... say '93'. The numeric Grnd Bal ID is not nearly as important....as the VOLUME of mineralization. A better indices would be the Fe3O4 bargraph (magnetite).

((( I know I have reported this before ----I'm repeating myself---- ...........and in MUCH greater detail..... but don't remember where on this forum ))).
August 05, 2010 01:29AM
In other words, there's really no correlation with "good" (or bad) dirt having a higher or lower GB (ground phase) number?

The FEO34 meter is an entirely different story - The Fe3O4 4-segment bargraph indicates the amount of ground mineralization, independent of type, expressed as an equivalent volume concentration of magnetite (Fe3O4).

Thanks Tom. I recall that you reported this before too, but couldn't find it.

Brian
August 05, 2010 01:35AM
Correct.