Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lets call the racer a trash hunter

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Lets call the racer a trash hunter
June 14, 2015 06:13AM
Was using the 5X10 coil today in temps at about 100 I wanted to call it a day but my house was getting a new air condution unit and so I had to keep hunting but this new unit is whisper quite and my house is so cool now. Found an area I have hunted for over 10 years and it is dirty with iron and junk. Dates back to the late 1800s and soon that will be hard to say because my places to hunt are drying up...but this area has a lot more relics in the ground and the 5x10 on the racer was killer..Question is the shot gun shell stamped 1901 a date???

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 06:15AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Lets call the racer a trash hunter
June 14, 2015 09:22AM
Nice finds Lawrenzo - The Racer seems to sniff out the remaining good targets ok -

However - "Question is the shot gun shell stamped 1901 a date???"

I wont date anyone unless they got cash lol
June 14, 2015 11:15AM
Nice digs Low

that 1901 headstamp is a winchester made between 1901 and 1920

they stamped the date instead of/in place of the word winchester during those yrs

cool find thumbs down

all the info you need on headstamps here >> [www.cartridge-corner.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 11:17AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
June 14, 2015 11:33AM
Good job, Lorenzo! Interesting finds.
Is that a button that reads "PS of I?" Any idea what it means?

Re headstamp with "1901":
I can make out "RE........R" below it.
It may not be a date, per se, but could refer to a specific lot or issue or batch of cartridges.

I looked here:
[www.cartridge-corner.com]
but did not see your headstamp. May be a collectible!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
June 14, 2015 12:36PM
Dang that is some DRY dirt there Lawrenzo. How often do ya'll get rain on the west coast? It looks like it could turn into portland cement with a little moisture then dry again. Good diggins, and the Turkish machines grow on ya don't they....... I'm trying to make that headstamp say "repeater" but it seems like it might have an extra letter in it space wise.
June 14, 2015 03:23PM
I font think the 1901 shells are valuable Ncwayne, Ive found fozens. Guess they where more popular out here.