Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Well go the F75 back

Posted by John S 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Well go the F75 back
March 29, 2008 04:47PM
The up grade looks ok. They were to fix the GB ( it would not get off 90) and they put a new small coil on it, but when I sent the F75 in I had a coil cover on it and they didn't send me the coil cover. I'll have to call them Monday. I think some of the people at Fisher has there head up there bottom end. So far I can't make the GB get off ove 90 and did try the large coil. We well see.
Re: Well go the F75 back
March 29, 2008 09:52PM
Did you talk to felix the contact for the upgrade per dealers..I am surprised that they didn't
test your machine or repair problem...sounds like you sent in both coils..which is what I will do..
March 30, 2008 06:03PM
I just sent the small coil because that is what I hunt with all the time. It looks like it well be ok, Hunt a little got 3.84 clad at a school and in that was 10 nickels and 1 quarter was at about 9". GB stayed on 90. It maybe just where I am hunting we'll see.
March 30, 2008 06:10PM
john what is your feo readings..
March 30, 2008 08:34PM
John:

Does the GB stay on 90 when you FASTGRAB?

Do you Manual GB with the machine in Motion All Metal?

Are there any messages at the middle bottom of the display when you are trying to GB i.e. (Overload--- Can't GB---?

Are you wearing shoes with metal in them, i.e steel toe---metal eyelets?

Have you tried to GB in different locations?

Ron
March 30, 2008 09:24PM
The Fe3O4 never comes up, but in one or two places where I like ( it does work). Yes the GB stays on 90 when I FastGrab. I don't us all metal where I hunt it is way to trashy. No messages on the bottom. No steel toe shoes. Yes I have tried GB in different locations. I think it is the ground, because on the CZ you can just put it on 5 and hunt. We have very little mineralzetion here.
March 31, 2008 03:54AM
John:

If you're going to do a Manual GB, the instruction manual recommends being in Motion All Metal. When you find the sweet spot, and if it's around 90, you'll know it's the ground. F-75 factory resets at GB 90 anyway, so that must be a good general setting.

Ron
March 31, 2008 12:03PM
Thanks , I'll try the manual GB. I don't hunt in all metal because of the trash, but will check the fast grab that way. Yesterday when I hunted a school to see if it was working ok. I did dig about a 9" quarter with the 5" coil and go 3.84 clad. There at the school ground was mostly sand. It was very easy to get coin 6 to7 " so something had to be right. But I check the manual GB . Thanks
March 31, 2008 04:40PM
Tried the all metal GB. First reread page 11. In my soil the sound doesn't go away. Went to all metal , to motion mode, to manual GB. Whet the sound was equal it was on 45, then went to disc. and fast grab and it said fast grabbed at 43. And on page 11 from 40 to 75 is red, yellow and brown clay, so it is corresponding with that. So it looks like it is working. Also called fisher and they are going to send me a coil cover.
March 31, 2008 05:43PM
Great news john glad its working..You must have been in some good ground the other day.at 90...Its good fisher is getting out the coil cover..
March 31, 2008 09:55PM
Yes Jame I'm glade Fisher is sending it. And on the GB I may have been doing something wrong when I was GB ing it before , but think I got it now. The old you get it is easier to make a error in new things. Sometime us old people have a hard time learning new stuff.