Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The F 75 lied to me today!!!!!

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The F 75 lied to me today!!!!!
August 14, 2010 03:11AM
I went hunting in a tot lot I'm trying to clean out.First signal was 83,clad quarter.The next signal,2 swings later was a solid 22,foil,Wrong!! Womens gold ring with a ruby in the setting.Three feet away was a dime spill.I dug 13 dimes in a spot the size of your hand.I hunted 45 minutes and had a great clad haul and the ring.I got kind of weak and dizzy after hunting 45 minutes.It was 89 degrees,no breeze but not very humid.Not a bad hunt for only 10 days after my cardiac stent placement.This is an upscale neighborhood and you dig mostly dimes and quarters in the tot lot.I did get 8 nickels though.I still have a quarter of the tot lot and a soccer field to hunt there.This is the 4th piece of jewelry from this spot,3 sterling silver and now the gold ring.I took a drive after leaving the tot lot and found an old park.It's not on the map.The playground swings have these rods with eyes on the end of them instead of chain.On two sides of the park are a couple of rows cottonwood trees that must be 3.5 to 4 feet across.I hunted for about 5 minutes but I was just too tired.The ground is pretty mineralized there(lots of Fe bars).From what I can find it's been a park since the 1880's.This park will need to be hunted! I'm off to have a slice of Forestburg,S.D. Muskmelon and look at the meteor shower.Bill
Re: The F 75 lied to me today!!!!!
August 14, 2010 12:47PM
THAT ought to get your adrenal glands dumping...........of which..........in turn.......will genuinely impose a biologically/metamorphically transcribed 'rapid recovery' phase.....from your surgery. This is not a joke.

Yes, very nice 'foil' discovery. Reiteration once again............over 97% of all gold jewelry ID's as 'foil'. Us men....seem to only focus on "mens" jewelry. Easy mistake!

Going one step further...........and finding out WHY it was lost,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will substantially aid in the recovery of a LOT more jewelry...for the rest of your life.

Tom
Jeb
August 14, 2010 03:59PM
But it didn`t lie to you. I`ve always said ,don`t dig anything under 20. the rest and above is investigational.I`ve always stuck by that figure 20.(this is in the UK)
August 15, 2010 03:01AM
Tom
The why it was lost was the easy discovery.It was on the edge of some "Jungle Gym" type equipment.You could easily visualize a mother/baby sitter standing there "helping" a child on this equipment.Bill
August 15, 2010 11:31AM
That's correct. Also.........pay attention to the KIDS WEARING MOMMIE'S JEWELRY!!!! I have seen it time-and-time again.........where little Suzy grabs Mommie's jewelry and says.............."Geeeee, my Mommie wears this ring a lot. I think I'll wear it today"!!! Mom does not even know that litle Suzy is snooping through her jewelry box.
Then.........our next step.........is to find WHERE proverbial little Suzy plays!
.........And this is WHY we find it!

Several years ago, I searched for a ring that a 17 year old girl lost on the beach. She claimed it had great sentimental value (no details given). She gave me her home phone number and gave me a fairly good 'narrowed-down' set of directions as to where she had lost the ring. It was a 14Kt grandmother ring. ((( Some sort of a very nice ornate dinner-dress ring ))). A few days later..........I found the ring...........called her home..........talked to (probably) her Mom (of whom denyed her daughter losing any jewelry).............went to her house (17 year old girl not home)..........showed the ring to suspected Mother...................of whom claimed that this particular ring looks exactly like the one her Mother gave her. She brought me to just exactly where she keeps her exact/identical ring.............and sure enough....it's not there.
She was happy I returned the ring...........but I could tell she was infuriated with daughter......more than what appeared to be 'acceptable'! Not sure of final resultant! ......Also, , , as angry as this woman was..........I'm not sure if I did the right thing by returning something that may have resulted in a family war!
August 15, 2010 03:33PM

Several years ago, I searched for a ring

Great story Tom. Love the part about startng a family war!
August 16, 2010 05:53AM
yes!..isn't it "disconcerting" that we really cannot return it,surmising the circumstances behind it's loss?
only way,of course, is IF it's "engraved!"

(h.h!)
j.t.
August 16, 2010 10:23PM
So far four of my F75 LTD gold finds hit a solid, repeatable 22 TID in BP mode, they were all 14K items, and each item was around 2 grams in gold weight.

One thing I've noticed is that gold (solid pieces, not chains/bracelets) have a much more solid/repeatable tone then foil typically does smiling smiley
August 17, 2010 01:10AM
Brian.............yes, you can develop a 'ear' for solid 'foil' targets.