Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need a Tek T2 coil connector pin configuration

Posted by treasurehunter747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need a Tek T2 coil connector pin configuration
July 14, 2015 10:40PM
Hey Guys,
I would like to know if anyone may happen to know what each of the 5 wires on the T2 coil connector is for, transmit, receive etc??? i cannot find a diagram on the net so I came here. Thanks for any assistance and as always keep on diggin!!!

Frank---North Carolina---
Re: Need a Tek T2 coil connector pin configuration
July 14, 2015 11:25PM
Pins 3,4 = transmit hot #1 & #2
Pin 5 = transmit centre-tap (cold)
Pin 1 = receive cold (ground)
Pin 2 = receive hot
Pins 1 - 2 Resistance = 36 Ohms, Inductance 6.9mH
Pins 3 - 4 Resistance = 2 Ohms approx, Inductance = 685 µH
I've no idea what connections are made to screens.
July 15, 2015 12:05AM
July 16, 2015 06:54PM
Is the supplied info OK? What are you having issues with, broken connections on the back of the connector?
A few other things I thought worth adding:
The cable (if it's an original Tek coil) is likely to have a single-core screened cable, and a two-core screened cable in it. The single-core is the RX, the two-core is the TX, with the outer shield being the pin 5 connection.
If you end up with the two TX wires swapped, the machine sort-of works, pinpoint behaves itself, but disc mode will give a double-blip rather than a single. Reverse the TX pair, and see if it reverts to normal behaviour.
July 18, 2015 12:02AM
Thanks Pimento and the others and yes the information was spot on what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch. Keep on diggin!!!

Frank