Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD Tones and ID on Low Conductors

Posted by dgc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dgc
F75 LTD Tones and ID on Low Conductors
August 22, 2010 05:55PM
I have noticed my F75 LTD responds to low conductors (nickels, tabs, etc.) with high tones and high ID numbers the deeper they are in the ground. I have a nickel buried at 8" that rings out with dime-quarter tones and numbers. The ground is very lightly mineralized and free of iron. Anybody else noticed this?
Re: F75 LTD Tones and ID on Low Conductors
August 22, 2010 08:01PM
Yes, , , this is called ID 'up-averaging'. VERY common with the T2/F75 platform. What makes this interesting is; most other detectors will ID these DEEPER/WEAK low-conductors as 'iron'...............if they can even detect them at all!

This exact phenomenon is heavily covered in most of the T2 prototype field testing and the 1st Gen F75 field testing on this forum. ((( I think "COMPILATION #1" thread))).
Re: F75 LTD Tones and ID on Low Conductors
August 23, 2010 11:03PM
It's great for nickels, but not so great for those ultra deep pull tabs and tab parts we find on the west coast. I can't tell you how many times I was sure I had a deep silver dime and it turned out to be a rolled beaver tail sad smiley

Interestingly I'm finding my Omega to be far better at handling pull tabs, and even picking silver coins out of pull tabs....now crown caps with the 11" DD are an entirely different story.....I need to see how they report with the 10" concentric coil.