Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Be careful.

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Be careful.
July 24, 2015 03:08PM
Buying a used original Garrett pro pinpointer out of warranty. Seems like some run for years with no problems while others malfunction periodically. Going to cost around 50 bucks if you send one to Garrett out of warranty. Am sure many good deals out there but bargain priced may not be a bargain in the long run...
Re: Be careful.
July 24, 2015 04:33PM
My friend has a small hoard of non-working garrett pinpointers out of warranty. He finally bought a different brand.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 24, 2015 08:36PM
My third one is already acting weird and won't switch on unless I unscrew the back cover a half turn. Sometimes it just beeps while holding it in the air. I may try another brand.
July 24, 2015 10:57PM
Just an FYI....my Propointer beeps and does weird stuff by itself when I'm using my Explorer....when I use my IDX not a peep or a beep unless it's supposed to. Just my experience,I'm assuming the freqs are interfering with the Explorer.

Kevin
July 25, 2015 12:33AM
I have had the Deteknix X-Pointer for a while now, for the price I would recommend it, got it from Big Boy's.
July 26, 2015 09:58PM
I bought one when they first came out, I like Garrett, got to machines, I was out detecting in the woods yesterday and I got into the hunt about an hour and reached for the pinpointed in the saddle and it was gone, so I walked back to the car and it wasn't there, so I retraced were I went and it was found at the first placed I stopped to dig, lucked out
July 26, 2015 10:51PM
I have a used Deteknix pinpointer and Garrett pinpointer that seem to work just fine that a customer brought into my shop that I would take $125 for the pair. I already have 3 pinpointers and have no need for 5. If interested let me know. Thanks, Kevin
July 30, 2015 09:03PM
My propointer is going on 4 years old and still a humming. Have a couple spares if she decides to go.
July 30, 2015 09:31PM
Like I said before bought mine when they first came out liked it so much got a second as a back up. I never used the second one as first one is still goin' strong. Best design pinpointer I have ever owned and I've owned a lot of them as once you use one your hooked on them!
July 30, 2015 09:37PM
My "Detecnix" still going strong as loaned to a friend.
Used my "NoktaPointer" all thru the spring and still
going strong.
In fact, today I had to de-sensitise it quite a few times as it's such a powerful device!
July 31, 2015 08:40AM
Been using a Garrett pro pointer for 7 plus years. Not one problem.
July 31, 2015 11:34PM
I've been using the Garrett Pro Pointers for years without issues, but I just picked up a Garrett carrot top pin-pointer and the old Pro Pointers have been relegated to backup status smiling smiley

The carrot top looks like a nice one, but I haven't hit the dirt with it yet.