Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New member here......

Posted by jerryinin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New member here......
July 27, 2015 08:12PM
Hello Everyone.....New member here, I've been a lurker here for several years but decided to join today.
I've been metal detecting about 37 years now, started out with a Garrett ADS Deepseeker in 1978.
I've used several detector brands over the years and right now I have 3 that I use often, Teknetics G-2, Tek Omega & Makro Racer.
I do some coin hunting however my main interest is Civil War relic hunting. I've learned so much from this forum and it's members
that I wanted to join you and become a member. So much knowledge here and I look forward to learning more.
THANKS.........jerryinin
Re: New member here......
July 27, 2015 08:31PM
Welcome Jerry! Sure after nearly 4 decades of beeping you can drop some knowledge of your own. I love hearing the old time relic hunters talk. We have to hunt our butt off for a few bullets these days.
July 27, 2015 09:20PM
Welcome Jerry---Pull up a chair & make yourself tah home!
July 27, 2015 09:37PM
Hello deadlift........Your right, I've learned some things over the years, and right now I'm learning to use tecknology to help me make some finds.
I'm learning to use Google Earth with map overlays and a Garmin hand held GPS.. Sometime I'll spend hours working on maps,
using old Civil War maps that I can find, overlaying them on Google Earth and downloading them onto my GPS.
I'm 62 years old and sometimes it's hard for me to learn these new things, but I'm learning it takes more than a good detector to keep
finding things these days. Information is out there, I'm learning to use it to my advantage, that's why I like this forum so much.
jerryinin
July 27, 2015 09:54PM
Welcome to the forum Jerry..... Same age as me.
July 27, 2015 10:06PM
Welcome Jerry.
With your experience, I can't wait with what you have to share here.
July 27, 2015 10:23PM
Welcome..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 28, 2015 12:10AM
Welcome to the forum Jerry
July 28, 2015 12:17AM
Welcome. I'm always so jealous of you guys doing the CW stuff. Some day. There's a number of CW hunters on here.
July 28, 2015 02:45AM
Welcome, Hoosier!

You've picked a great place for detecting knowledge, without a doubt the best place for unsegregated knowledge.
July 28, 2015 06:49AM
Welcome Jerry. Sounds like you already know the main cast of caracters on this forum. Some great knowledge here....Stuart
July 28, 2015 11:50AM
How's it going..Fun site!
July 28, 2015 02:50PM
Join the crowd my friend and don't be a wallflower be a dancer...With your experience a welcome addition and look forward to see your posts...