Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How to Test the F75 Limited for Issues

Posted by lsm1955 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How to Test the F75 Limited for Issues
September 01, 2010 09:17PM
We got an e-mail from our dealer that the F75 we ordered several months ago is in and we can pick it up tomorrow. Given the fact the delays were largely related to problems with quality parts from overseas we were wondering if the F75 Limited's now being shipped are individually tested at the factory before shipping. If this is not the case would trying it in our test garden in the backyard (different coins buried at different depths) as per Tom's excellent video reveal any problem parts? We don't want to miss out on something because it may not be up to specifications. Sorry if this is a simple questions but we are new to this hobby. In other words how do we know the unit is doing what it is supposed to do? Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 01:44AM by lsm1955.
Re: How to Test the F75 Limited for Issues
September 02, 2010 07:05PM
A VERY legitimate question...............as................every time I acquire a new-to-me unit..............I often wonder the same.
First, I would bench test the unit just for a simple ops check.
Then, yes,,,,,,, a test-garden with hair-splitting specs is paramount.
Followed by a country field to verify the unit can be run at higher performance levels without EMI.

Also, it is always good to have a group/set of 'test-standards'. These are targets of known/exacting specifications.......so as to test ID accuracy of the unit.

Not so convenient..............have another unit to compare with.
September 03, 2010 10:00PM
I think that the F75 LTD would be a bear to try and test. Because it is such a "Hot Rod" because it it designed to run on the edge... because of it's design the place where it is tested would play a big part in the results. Maybe if you had several units to test in the same exact location at the same exact time you might get results that would be useful and true but with the LTD I think the same location at different times could give slightly different results. I could be wrong but one thing I am sure of is that the LTD is a tempermental beast that may run smooth and quiet at one place and rough and noisy somewhere else. It is no doubt a female detector. IIRC BP in AM is quieter than BP in disc and I know for certain that BP with the small coil can be so quiet on 99 sens that you may wonder if it is on.

Good luck with any comparative testing on the LTD.

J
September 03, 2010 11:30PM
J, funny you brought that up,,,my f-75 gets a little crazy once a month for a couple a days, hmmmmm., I guess I'll just ignore her.