Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Funny how we find things we forgot we had when moving...

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Funny how we find things we forgot we had when moving...
August 02, 2015 07:15PM
Was going through a box of stuff when I found an X5 lower rod. I sold my last X5 almost 5 years ago. It belonged to my best bud Jerry James who passed away a year after.
Re: Funny how we find things we forgot we had when moving...
August 03, 2015 02:46AM
Or you'll see something a thousand times but the second you need it...it's nowhere to be seen lol
August 03, 2015 09:23AM
I moved twice last year within 9 weeks. Apparently I misplaced my few silver and other coin collection because I haven't seen them since the final move!
August 03, 2015 11:37AM
Ouch!!
August 03, 2015 01:33PM
My house will hopefully be done by the fall...and then I will get to begin the task of moving all my crap. I still have stuff buried in the yard here at this place. I will never recover it all either; cant remember where I put some of it, and some of it was only obtainable with a PI machine. I did just buy a Tesoro Tejon though for a great price. That will maybe help me find some of the goodies in the yard. I got it mainly to try some of the newer DD coils out on it, to see if it brings the Tejon to life in my soil.
August 03, 2015 03:33PM
Same here, come across stuff haven't seen in years.

When moving years ago, lost a handful of old buttons. Those never showed up again, these were my first button finds.

Many a time hid important stuff only to forget were I hid them, coins, finds and almost 3 years ago strashed away two remote car keys to my 2007 Altma. Couldn't find the car remotes been parked with no access, so after a few months took auto insurance off and with DMV went non omp cars been parked over 2 years. Then recently, looking for a business card found the remotes strashed underneath a pile of business cards inside an old vase.

Yeah! You bet back to driving the Altma again after replacing the battery. Got lucky, they say when some newer cars are parked for long periods with a dead battery screws up the computer or something related, luckily just had to replace the car battery and both remote batteries.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 03:36PM by Old California.