Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD Disc Questions

Posted by Shooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD Disc Questions
September 04, 2010 10:14PM
Disc. setting notch set to allow nickels but when I get a reading in that range its a pulltab and the pulltab setting is notched out. I'n must not understand something. using the 3 tone setting, so I switched to all metals still getting tabs on the nickel ID. and have found a nickel yet. Can't believe there's no nickels anywhere i'm hunting. Let me make it more clear, Disc iron, foil, allow nickels Disc tabs. Also the Iron and foil still give an audio but the numbers are low and the sound is lousy, thought it would be silent like my 1270 " Disc it and you won't hear it. Plus the high tone pings alot with a high number but go to p/point it and no audio response. could the SEN. be to hight and this is in BP mode. SEN is 30. Or could it be the 11 inch coil in trashy area.the ID and nubers don't seem to match, reading 30, 3 inches, confidence all the way and its a tab. Any help, only my third using it so I realize its different from my 1270. on the high pings I look for constant pings but sometimes i'll get 2 or 3 good audio sound and then it will change to a low tone? I like the All metal mode but you have to watch the numbers, the high numbers are dead on the money for the TID and the depth is just about on.
Re: F75 LTD Disc Questions
September 05, 2010 01:24PM
Your problem with the aluminum soda tabs (square tabs) is common to all detectorists and all different brand detectors. Most of todays soda tabs will ID as a 'nickel' to all calibrated ID detectors. Nothing we can do about it. The CZ has the tightest nickel window in the industry, yet, it'll still ID a lot of aluminum square tabs as 'nickel'.....................just............not as many tabs as other detectors. ...... Even with tabs 'notched out'...... they still ID (conductively) as a nickel......so the detector will give a good audio report. Nickels are a VERY difficult target to ID.....because they mimic the aluminum flip tabs.

And if you notch a certain window/conductivity of targets out.............you still run the high probability of that specific notched out target being in close physical proximity of another target.........causing the reading/ID to change/alter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to the point that the detector will audibly report a target.

OR.........dirt mineralization will conductively 'shift' the ID of the target AWAY from its 'notched out' window; and ....... once again...... the detector will report a target.

OR........the notched out target is tilted or on edge.......and...........once again........the detector will report the target.

These are some of the biggest reasons as to why I do not like to use the 'notch' feature. Under textbook/ideal conditions.......it works.