Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Be honest, is the F75 LTD worth $1249?

Posted by Mojave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Be honest, is the F75 LTD worth $1249?
September 05, 2010 01:42AM
I just don't look at the F75 LTD in the same way I would look at a similarly priced Minelab Explorer SE Pro, mostly due to the FBS technology and automatic ground balance/tracking on the Explorer.
Re: Be honest, is the F75 LTD worth $1249?
September 05, 2010 02:22AM
Well on this forum I think most of us feel if you understand how the LTD works and what it can do it is worth the $$. For me finding the relics and coins dating back to the 1840 is worth it. It is worth understanding it and knowing what it can and can't do. It is also very light and well balanced something I can't say for the Minelab and to hunt all day the weight and balance are a big plus. No machine is perfect and no machine is for everyone. Good luck at what ever you get and this forum is open to any detector one may have questions about.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 05, 2010 02:52AM
Yes............but $1249 sounds like full retail price.
September 05, 2010 11:41AM
Are there going to be any differences between the old ltd and the new ltd,other than cosmetics???
September 05, 2010 01:32PM
.......at this time, I don't believe so.
September 06, 2010 12:54AM
I use both the f-75 & the Explorer SE. 98% of the time I prefer the f-75 (the older special edition). Because:

Mainly,, the info comes much faster on the 75. I can have my shovel in the ground or be moving on by the time it takes the SE to get me that info.
And,,
I get a better idea of the site I'm hunting with the 75.
You can run the 75 with 0 discrim in a nail infested area and hear every grunt seperately. If you have the SE set with no discrim (white screen) in a infested area, the flute tones are indistinguishable...it can't seperate or it nulls or goes blank if any discrim is set.
I would rather be able to GB manually like the 75.
The light weight is a big plus.
The dbl D bi-axiel coil cuts like a knife.
The 75 is a better than average machine for debth.
I won't go on & on,,,, you get the picture.

I do like the noise cancel on the SE and I use it in the few areas where the 75 goes haywire, the SE runs smooth.
The SE is a thicker built machine.
I also like the ferrous reading on the SE.
The pinpoint on the SE is more accurate..not by much.

The way I look at it,,,, I carry both machines in the truck to a new site and grab the 75 first, turn it on, GB it, set 0 discrim. If there is no EMI the SE stays in the truck.
September 06, 2010 01:43AM
Good report.

((( Oops......the new retail MSRP is $1449.00 )))
September 06, 2010 01:53AM
Nope.
ACQ
September 13, 2010 08:11AM
Agree, doesn't worth it. It seems that you have to surpass the 1K$ tag to become one of the stars (I also think that very few detectors above 1K+ are worth the money) but as far as we continue to pay for them there will still be a market.

Being said that, it is a FANTASTIC detector.

Cheers
Antonio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2010 08:12AM by ACQ.
September 13, 2010 12:19PM
There were years of engineering that went into the conceptual design of the T2................followed by/into the F75,,,,, before ascertaining fruition. ((This holds true for the Minelab Explorer, the White's V3i.....and quite a few of the others.... also)). Behind-the-scenes stuff is difficult to measure; subsequently ...putting on a correct price for the final 'fruition' product.
ACQ
September 13, 2010 01:10PM
Also agree, and it is R&D investment what really makes a company shine among the competitors, and of course that cost must be splitted accordingly based on your unit sales estimation, add the replacement/non working/DOA untis costs, production costs and so on, no one doubts that, but we are still talking about 1,4K dollars.

On the other side I don't know how big MD market is so probably the number of units sold are far away for those of iPhone smiling smiley

Cheers
Antonio
September 14, 2010 12:36AM
It is indeed a small niche market.Yes, I agree $1400 is a large sum of money.......no matter how you look at it. . . . . yet, due to the fact that it IS a small niche market......not many are sold.

And............no.............you do not have to own a top-end unit to be 'in the click' and/or belong to any forum. We are all in the same hobby together. The quest for discovering the unknown is in nearly every humans genes.