Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone have an ETrac they will part with?

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone have an ETrac they will part with?
August 25, 2015 07:41PM
If it's an Ireland made model I'll pay a good price for it. If not we'll bicker on price lol. Anyway wanted to try one again in some old neighborhoods that I have permission to hunt their front yards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 11:25PM by Jack Flynn.
Re: Anyone have an ETrac they will part wilh?
August 25, 2015 08:07PM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If it's an Ireland made model I'll pay a good
> price for it. If not we'll bicker on price lol.
> Anyway wanted to try one again in some old
> neighborhoods that I have permission to hunt their
> front yards.

Sorry Jack,But you can't have your old one back it is too hot on silver! LOL!
August 25, 2015 08:23PM
Lawdy I knew you'd see this. However I would take it back..................grinning smileyif you sold it. Just looking for another one.
August 25, 2015 10:11PM
There seems to be a pretty steady supply of them over on Joe's site [www.treasureclassifieds.com] although I've never seen any credible evidence the Irish ones are any better than the others.
If you find a method of determining the point of production from the serial numbers I would love to see it. Everyone thinks the "made in" on the box refers to the etrac but there's no proof it couldn't just apply to the box. smiling smiley
August 25, 2015 10:34PM
You don't need an etrac--the CoRe finds everything!! grinning smiley
August 25, 2015 11:17PM
The CoRe does find everything that the ETrac cannot lol. Lots of it too. However I want to put another ETrac on the places I grew up at. My Grandmothers and Granddaddies house which was left to my aunt and uncle and now my cousin has come available to detect. Back then as usual all of our families lived on the same street. Like a virus the neighbors and their neighbors and like a virus again, I just got umpteen houses from the late 1800's to the 1910's when they were built to detect. I grew up here and some remember and some don't who lived where in my time. Several years ago when I still had now Harolds ETrac I got permission on one corner house and dug a lot of wheats and a few silver in one hunt. It's there just I don't like DI2 on the Racer or the CoRe for max depth so another reason to get another machine, yep! I had considered putting the ATX in there but I'll say it...........I'm skeered too! The last 2 hunts I've dug a handfull wheats from one tiny front yard from the teens to the 40's and quite a few more in the 50's when all us Grandchildren came along. Most are in the 8 inch range. The clothesline in the back yard has me tore up with intrigue but the skeeters are horrendous. We're going back into the 30's and 40's where my relatives hung clothes to dry. Can't stand bug spray but the cooler temps will hold them down, coming soon............Now this morning in about one foot travel under the clothesline got 2, 40's wheats in 2 swings then my blood started getting sucked outa my legs so ran back out front. CoRe in hand. Gonna be fun!
August 25, 2015 11:23PM
I forgot to add, CW troops camped all over this hill looking out upon the Confederate Powder Works here. I'm sure that stuff is way deeper than a VLF will go. Historically we don't find anything from then not unless a bulldozier has been in use.............
Re: Anyone have an ETrac they will part with?
August 25, 2015 11:43PM
You don't know if stuff is deep or not until you've tried it. Remember, I found a bunch of .69 bullets a few months ago only 2"-4" deep.
August 26, 2015 06:38PM
Just sold my E-Trac, seems like you can get a nice one for 800-900 quite readily. Amazing how well they hold their value. Good luck to you.

Hey, it has been 3 years since the CTX came out, does this mean next year we get a light E-Trac? Judging by those inexpensive detectors that are portable (fold up) that Minelab has released, my bet is yes.
I pray for a light E-Trac. Most fun of any detector I have used on coins grinning smiley, and almost the deepest.

Albert
August 27, 2015 12:42PM
Hello,

I have one. It comes with the standard coil, the 10 x 8 SEF, 10 x 12 SEF, 3 extra lower rods, 2 extra middle shafts, Pro tector covers, metal armrest (plus the original armrest), Sunray probe (the newer black one) and a swingy thingy. It is in excellent shape. It is my back up detector. I am willing to sell it. Please write me with an offer.