Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

when did the American civil war end?

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
when did the American civil war end?
August 28, 2015 05:51PM
Think you know when the civil war ended?
Place your bet.

Here's an interesting time line:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: when did the American civil war end?
August 28, 2015 07:05PM
Who said it ended?
August 29, 2015 01:58AM
For some it will never end.
August 29, 2015 05:23PM
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For some it will never end.

Laws and regulations seldom if ever change ones ideology. Many times what is taught and learned from the very start trumps even common sense and compassion. A short story....an acquaintance of my wife's got caught up on drugs,wrong crowd,etc. This friends mother is a complete drunk. The friend wound up overdosing on heroin,rushed to the hospital and is OK now,though it totally wrecked her probation. She's in the clink for some time now,it will do her good to get away from that scene. However,she has two kids,10 and 14, both are half black and half white(the friend is white,if it matters). The kids now temporarily stay with their grandma(the drunk). She doesn't want them there and calls them "n@@@@r kids". So....even in Wisconsin we have people who are absolute ignoramuses who don't have an empathetic or compassionate bone in their miserable bodies. I say to my kids,"If you were in a car accident and laying on the side of the road dying...would it matter to you if the person that showed up to save your life was black or white? Would it matter if they were rich or poor,if you could tell at that moment?" Of course not. Ones ACTIONS drives my opinion of a person,no other factor matters. These kids had no choice as to how they came to this world. They are great kids,have been to my house many times,are respectful,polite,funny....and society has a great chance of dragging them down to the level at which we assume they already are. It is still a beat down for many,as to why,on the merit of skin color,I can't begin to know why.

The previous statement may or may not have to do with anything that matters to you....carry on.
August 29, 2015 07:49PM
The battle between a strong federal government and local governance will be fought so long as they both exist. Personally, I think the divide is stronger now than it was in the 1800s when many southerners were fighting just because it was their land and were defending their land/home/family/clan/state/etc. (that's NOT k klan, I mean c clan before any numbskull goes off on me).
Besides, after choosing my handle, I had to comment thusly.

I also think the unspeakable term referenced above applies to the lowlifes that earn it, and they can be of any color. And like the fictional Voldemort, not speaking the name is Stupid and gives it more power than it deserves.

But maybe this is one of those threads I should have stayed out of. Back to detecting!
August 29, 2015 08:07PM
Wow, IDX...thats a sad story man. And very good analogy.