Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F2 and wet sand

Posted by Pullringking 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F2 and wet sand
September 09, 2010 10:05PM
Hi all, Hope some of you folks can help me out, I recently bought an F2 and in general I am happy with it . As a dry machine and in dry sand it is a coin killer BUT if Itry to detect in wet sand it goes nuts. I have discriminated / notched various items in different combinations and reduced sensitivity as advised by Fisher labs but still no joy. I live in Ireland and have tried this unit on a number of different beaches over many hours, the only result I got by adjusting sensitivity was to reduce chatter but every signal so far has been false...believe me I have dug every one just to be sure. I know this machine has fixed ground balance and is not totally suited to wet work but I did expect some degree of usage after reading the reviews. Hope you can shed some light and ease my frustration,
Pullringking.
Re: Fisher F2 and wet sand
September 09, 2010 11:00PM
Wet salt sand is a no go...without lots of noise that is. It's only suited for dry sand when on the beach. If you can put up with the chatter you can get away with it to some degree but you'll miss lots of targets and depth will suffer tremendously. F4 or F5 would be a better choice or even better...any of the CZ series detectors are proven wet sand units and you can find them at decent prices used.
September 10, 2010 02:36PM
True.
September 10, 2010 05:22PM
Thanks guys, maybe I was just clutching at straws thinking someone had overcome this problem and could enlighten me. I was informed of this great forum and appreciate the time taken to reply. If at any time in the future you have any more info , please let me know. Looks like I shall be saving for some time to upgrade, Cèst la vie.
Go raimh mat agat
Mcbain.