Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Skunk Gets Skunked

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Skunk Gets Skunked
August 30, 2015 07:50PM
There's a funny looking black and white ground critter that visits every few nights, he was out in the front yard at 5:30am this morning.
He roots around here and there for grubs, no big deal, no worse than the squirrels looking for the nuts they buried.

After todays morning hunt, looked in the backyard and saw a couple holes, thought I would check them out.
That little stinker.................! angry smiley

A few days ago I buried a nickel in the backyard at 9" to test my DeepTech Vista Gold right at that very spot.
He dug down as far as his front paws could reach short 1" from my nickel. It was still in the hole.
Had he not given up and been able to reach my nickel, I am sure he would have taken it.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 11:40AM by Sven1.
Re: Skunk Gets Skunked
August 30, 2015 08:02PM
I also have one diggin' in my back yard. He must do it at night as they are nocturnal. I woke up a coupleTimes in the middle of the night and could smell Him outside. As long as He doesn't make my Home His home we will get along fine.
August 30, 2015 10:27PM
Be glad he gave up before he reached the nickel. It probably would have made him mad that it was just a nickel and you don't want him mad.
August 30, 2015 11:09PM
A skunk around here has the brass to dig up yellow jacket nests at my place. I guess he likes the bee larvae in the underground cones. These bees have a very potent venom, I can attest to that.
August 31, 2015 01:21AM
Yep, skunks love to eat yellow jacket nests. I will never harm a skunk for that reason alone.