Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Deus coil info

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Deus coil info
September 28, 2015 04:20AM
Saw this posted on FM.

Multi-frequency sniper coil :confused: New
Posted by: Andy Sabisch [ Send a Message ]
Date: September 26, 2015 11:53AM
Not to start a heated debate but the new coil is not a multi-frequency coil . . . . . and the size is 6"x9" so not really intended to be a sniper coil but rather a general purpose coil that will address some issues in searching salt water beaches and alkalai sites.

The V4.0 software will compliment the new coil but will work with existing coils (although some options will be grayed out when using the older coils).

By the way, enjoy your posts . . . good luck in the move and hope to see you posting again soon

Andy
Re: New Deus coil info
September 28, 2015 10:27AM
Disappointing to say the least
September 28, 2015 03:28PM
I think there is more to this story from what I was told multy freq is going to happen but that is so far not happened

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 28, 2015 03:45PM
Multi freq is full of potential but there is a dragon guarding the gate. Minelab's patents are pretty broad and other companies have to be very careful as the explore how to further develop this technology lest the spend a pile of money then get a cease and desist letter from down under. Both Whites and Fisher have multi freq machines with non-infringing or (perhaps) licensed technology, but overcoming the limitations of the current machines with new technology means new thinking and new solutions, which can't infringe in ML patent minefield.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 28, 2015 06:49PM
A wee bit of pathos that those who make some of the most advanced mine detectors in the world are stymied by the "ML patent minefield"!
Well, it seemed funny to me...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 28, 2015 07:07PM
Guess I just can't help it! Humor follows me around.

Rick Kempf
September 28, 2015 10:32PM
All Deus coils are already multi frequency but everyone hopes XP will introduce a coil which operates on more than one frequency simultaneously. The desire to have a coil that operates in that fashion does not make it occur even though people continue to persistently spread rumors to that effect.
September 28, 2015 11:20PM
So the new coil and update are pushed to 2016. Any multi frequency options are probably later than that. The Deus is a great detector. Has been for quite some time. Good luck to them and their plans. I personally have moved on and I don't see myself looking in the rear view mirror.
September 29, 2015 03:28PM
Worth the wait...YESthumbs down

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 29, 2015 07:31PM
I do hope the 5 x 9 coil is HOTTER Than the one on the GMP..

hot on little things but really anemic on coin sizes at any depth...

I found it almost worthless in pinestraw..

hopefully it's re designed...unless they are trying to push the Goldfield idea..then this coil makes sense..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 29, 2015 09:34PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do hope the 5 x 9 coil is HOTTER Than the one on
> the GMP..
>
> hot on little things but really anemic on coin
> sizes at any depth...
>
>
> I found it almost worthless in pinestraw..
>
> hopefully it's re designed...unless they are
> trying to push the Goldfield idea..then this coil
> makes sense..
>
> Keith

One of our gold hunter experts didn't think the goldfield program was that "shiny" on the Deus.-----Maybe this new coil will improve on that program??
October 09, 2015 05:55PM
I followed up a bit on the ML Patent issue and someone someone with detailed knowledge of the matter told me that it was an 18 year patent and it expired several years ago. So I guess the Dragon is dead

Rick Kempf
October 10, 2015 09:49AM
I would have thought the patent was older than that, did the sovereign not come out in the early 90's?
November 27, 2015 03:19PM
Hi there guys. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

The Multi-Frequency thing appears to be quite a quagmire for sure. ML has a slew of Patents in this arena including one:

MULTI-FREQUENCY TRANSMITTER FOR A METAL DETECTOR from 2009.

Here's a link to at least some of their patents that I Googled:

[www.faqs.org]

It appears that just putting out any metal detector product could be problematic...lol.

But I AM very excited and optimistic that the new coil and technology improvements will be innovative and highly functional when they are released.

Hey is there any way to get on a Pre-Order waiting list for a coil??? smiling smiley
November 27, 2015 03:44PM
I'm pretty sure these guys are the US distributor.
They're great to deal with. Let us know what they say , especially if they have any pricing info.
[www.metaldetector.com]
November 27, 2015 06:09PM
There is a bigger picture here. There is a huge market in Africa for gold detectors. The current Goldfield program and coil are simply adequate at best, nothing about it to recommend the DEUS over a Gold Bug Pro. The new coil and higher frequencies will make all prospectors, including me, take another look at the DEUS. I also think the Racer edge lies almost solely in its ability to run a small coil. The 6" x 9" coil should help close that gap.
November 27, 2015 07:15PM
Isn't a CZ ,DFX and V3i multi frequency ( ie, multi meaning more than 1) units ?

What would halt XP in making a 4 and 17 kHz freq coil ( or 2 and 12, 6 and 14, etc.) other than design issues. Would the ML patent stop that ? Are the Fisher and Whites units grandfathered in ?

Just wondering.