Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tek g2

Posted by jmaryt 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
tek g2
September 17, 2010 04:43AM
tom!
dave j just recently stated in a post on another forum that he is "tweaking" this detector to possess
some nice surprises,and i am wondering if you know if a 19khz detector can possibly be changed electrically to be a world class 'coin shooter"
irrespective of the fact that the frequency is so "high?"..i am curious about this because,as i understand it, 19khz is better suited for finding very small "bits"
of metal.by virtue of this higher frequency.this being established,is it possible to alter this detector electrically to allow it to be a "cracker jack"
coin shooter,and to possibly "avoid" very small pieces of metal,while finding coins at very deep depths?..i realize you may ,or may not know what dave is doing,
however being an "avid" coin shooter,i am wondering if this detector 'could" be the better 'shooter" that what is currently available!..if so,it may be worth waiting
for!..thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.
Re: tek g2
September 17, 2010 05:26AM
My second machine is Goldmaxx Power 18,5kHz it eats coins for breakfest. Specially those hammered little silver coins.
September 17, 2010 11:18AM
A higher freq unit..........like the Gold Bug SE in exceptionally iron-laiden trash sites......will/should pick coins out (unmasking) better than other units.....BUT............not to the depths of the lower freq units.

The F75 is fairly high in its operating freq...... yet,,,,, does better than physics expectations.

Dave Johnson is known for paradox exposure(s)

:-) :-)
September 18, 2010 07:19AM
interesting reply tom!..i will await the release of the g-2,and it's subsequent field results
with "breathless anticipation!"
thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.
September 18, 2010 12:46PM
Confidently, I anticipate exceptionally good results.
September 18, 2010 08:50PM
In my limited exposure to detectors, I have found that the higher the frequency tends to be very sensitive. I have dug a hole 10" deep to find a small metal object that is a little more than a BB shot.
September 19, 2010 02:41AM
The higher the operating freq....... the more sensitive/deeper for small/tiny LOW CONDUCTORS. And NOT silver/copper.
September 19, 2010 06:43AM
unfortunately, that is precisely what you DON'T want as a coin shooter!
however,that being said,i will keep an "open mind" about the g-2. ..thanks for the input...tom!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2010 06:46AM by jmaryt.