Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Going to try the new f75/ givin up the e-trac

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Going to try the new f75/ givin up the e-trac
September 19, 2010 12:01PM
Hope this is not a mistake as the e trac is just to heavy for me to hunt very long. Have tried the f75 before but never really gave one much of a chance. I do think the et is going to be very hard to beat as far as coin hunting..oh well what the heck!
Re: Going to try the new f75/ givin up the e-trac
September 19, 2010 02:10PM
What are you going to do with the Etrac? I just purchased the New F75LTD black unit.
September 19, 2010 05:39PM
tmanly ,

Let us know your thoughts on that F75LTD! Joe

Snows-Metal-Detectors
Gaylordsville, CT
(860) 488-5694
September 19, 2010 07:55PM
Keep the new F75 LTD a bit tame......at first.............and don't get discouraged by its learning-curve........as with the E-TRAC.
September 19, 2010 10:25PM
I have had 3 F 75's.I still have one.I find the Etrac to give better depth and ID in my soil on coins.When the soil gets real dry here the F75 chatters so bad it's real hard to hunt with.Even if I turn the sens. down.I don't have a F 75 ltd.I found the Etrac had little for a learning curve.Simpler to use than my old SE.My ground is mineralized.I've been hunting an old,for this area,city park.I have been able to pull silver dimes,old nickels and wheaties from places in the park that have lots of other hunters plugs.The weight of the Etrac is not a problem for me.I don't hunt over about 4 hours at a time without a break since my heart attack in early August.With F 75 ,in my soil, with the DD coil bottlecaps will drive you nuts.They ID exactly as a quarter.So far the only target to give me trouble with the Etrac is smashed flat aluminum screwcaps that are deep.I have dug them to 9 plus inches deep.They ID in the lower copper penny range.I have dug no more than 5 screwcaps in a 4 hour hunt.In some spots here you need to bring a big trash pouch when you use the F75 for bottlecaps.The concentric coil changes this but doesn't get as good depth or target seperation in my soil.Bill
Nothing wrong with the e-trac they are plenty deep in bad ground
September 20, 2010 12:31AM
but I never did take a real hankering to it myself...I like the First Texas target response Better for my type hunting!!

Good luck with it..

Keith
September 20, 2010 04:16PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep the new F75 LTD a bit tame......at
> first.............and don't get discouraged by its
> learning-curve........as with the E-TRAC.

That is very good advise, tame it way down.
September 22, 2010 03:17PM
So when they say tame it way down....I would say a disc of 6-10 and a sens of 70 two tone I would hunt in DE mode at first and maybe even use the small DD to just get use to the machine..Now if you are in open ground not many targets then you can try disc of 6 sens 70-99 mono tone but you may like 2 tone till you get use to it. Now this machine can chatter and if it does you get a bit tired of that in your head. So don't push it hunt a few hours and listen to the tone that tells you, you have a target.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!