Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX 3030 and xp deus

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX 3030 and xp deus
October 31, 2015 04:50PM
Well I did it. I went full circle. Some time back I traded my xp deus for a CTX 3030. I ended up with 3 CTX's and decided to trade my used CTX for a brand new e-trac with a x-1 probe attached and 2 Nel coils. After using the etrac I felt that there wasn't anything it could find that my CTX's couldn't so I traded it off for a New xp deus with 9 inch coil. I love using the CTX and have found a lot of silver with it but, I sure miss the xp deus. I was able to find a lot of coins 8 or 9 inches in trashy and iron sites that I missed with other detectors. I have a lot of sites around where I live that have lots of iron and nail that I feel the deus will pull good targets out of that my CTX just can't see. My question to anyone is how fast should I swing the deus in these iron and trashy sites? I have been watching some videos on YouTube by EXMETALDETECTOR where this guy says to not worry about swinging the deus slow in iron because the recovery speed is so fast if there is a good target it will hit it. What do you all think? Thanks, Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2015 05:10PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: CTX 3030 and xp deus
October 31, 2015 05:02PM
I tend to slow down when hunting in the iron regardless of the detector. I don't go Minelab slow, probably a medium/slow swing, more so to give my brain time to process the signal than the detector. ...lol. I've never owned a CTX, but I think you have a killer combo there. Good hunting...
October 31, 2015 08:49PM
The targets and the detector will tell you how fast/slow to swing...and your own comprehension.
October 31, 2015 11:57PM
Great combo to use

I used it for about 2.5 yrs myself

I am now using the
E-trac/Racer
E-trac/F19
E-trac/Vaquero combos for dirt fishin

waaaaaay better coil selection at waaaaay cheaper prices

I may get another Deus/CTX combo at some point but I'm lovin what I'm using at the moment well enough smiling smiley

Enjoy thumbs down
November 01, 2015 12:14AM
Kevin,

You will have to go slow if the iron is heavy. Your iron volume will be a guide for you to see how heavy it is. After you locate a patch that has heavy iron via iron vol, you can then turn it off if you wish----for sanitys sake.

One word of caution.

The tone is the tell all----forget the meter when it comes to TID.
For example I've dug some nice buttons out of nail pits running disc at 6. Got the tone---not as textbook sounding but the meter read between 4 and 6. A person looking at the meter would be thinking iron all the way---but no.
Also in these situations-----you can forget about using pinpoint on the Deus. Just dig where the tone comes from. And don't be so fast to dismiss target just because you recover a nail or 2 or 3.

I have also had good nonferrous targets I could hear in reactivity 4 silencer -1, but switching to reactivity 3 silencer -1 ---could not hear.

The tone you get especially when running reactivity 4 can be realllllllllll short----especially if you sweep too fast. So when you hear a glint of tone---resweep with adjusted speed to see if tone improves.

Deus is a killer in iron--make no mistake.
Will you dig some iron?? Yep
But this goes with the territory.

Also, don't expect to take your Deus to where you have pounded with CTX and expect finds to be raining from the clouds. CTX is no slouch by no means----but the Deus will definitely see some stuff the CTX will not alert you too.

And old site that has gave up the goods with CTX. Running a properly set up Deus over the same sites will give you piece of mind if nothing else.

Good luck.
Can't wait to see what you surface.
Also consider taking your CTX to your sites at times and do a few head to head on the Deus located targets. You may indeed learn something additional about your CTX or metal detecting in general.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2015 12:16AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 01, 2015 01:02AM
Just noticed I put down wrong name of the YouTube video. Since I can't edit is its XPmetaldetector. Thanks everyone for your help
November 01, 2015 11:52PM
Went out for a hunt today. Found my first ever silver dollar. 1896 Morgan. Also found a 1949 silver quarter. Way to go CTX.
November 01, 2015 11:56PM
How about, Way to go Kevin!!!!
November 02, 2015 12:09AM
I agree with that, go slow in the iron, more work for sure, has been very hard for me to slow down and work the ground harder for the good finds.
Takes a while to change the way I have hunted for many years to reach the ability to go slow LOL. Especially for me I can be impatient.
Happy hunting

C
November 02, 2015 09:54PM
Just checkout that 1896 Morgan and it is a 1896 S. the Details on the coin appears to be in ef to au condition. Must have been lost not to long after it was in circulation. To bad it is so dark from being in the ground all those years. ef is a $240 coin and au is a $770 coin. Thanks
November 02, 2015 11:54PM
The Deus and CTX really compliment each other very well. All the bases are about covered if you own them both. The weight of the CTX is too much for my shoulder. I ache for days after I hunt with it. But if I didn't have that problem it would be very hard to pick a favorite between the two. Almost like picking a favorite kid.
November 05, 2015 06:52PM
Just got my Deus in. Ready to take it to the places I used the CTX to see if it will give up some more good finds. These areas I'm talking about are covered with iron and other trash. Thank you for everyone's help with programs and settings ideals. Kevin