Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What if......

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What if......
November 02, 2015 02:54PM
I was reading an interesing article this morning on countries that could go CASHLESS. Sweden was an example where 96 percent of their people no longer use money. The discussion of curbing illegal cash flow as well as a better handle on money hoards exc. Can you see this coming? All that change in the ground wouldnt be worth a hoot. How would that affect our hobby? a lot of us use that spare change for that little wish list at the end of the year. Would more people leave the hobby...... not to mention it would be just another junk target like a pull tab. Imagine that. Would that be a significant change to most of your hunting........ and how could it affect a detectors design?

How would you feel if the govenment told you you had so long to turn in all your money or it would be worthless? Maybe im old....... but with the manipulation of our economy by the HAVES and the mega mergers this scares me. I guess i just dont like the government having more and more control for any reason. I feel like im tracked enough.
Re: What if......
November 02, 2015 03:18PM
I live in small town 70 miles from anywhere and a while back our one fiber optic line was severed by construction. ... no internet save for a couple places with satellite. You weren't buying anything without cash for a couple days.... electronic money not so good when the electrons quit flowing. I always keep some cash on hand so no big deal for us but there was some butthurt among the folks for sure.....Wayne
November 02, 2015 03:27PM
A cahsless society would make it easier to control the buying and selling as told of in Rev 13:17. It is much closer than you might care to know. But don't fret too much as this death decree and restrictions on buying and selling only affect the saints; those that keep the Commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus. Everyone else can go about their merry way.

And he deceives those[e] who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Ok...that was a bit heavy....so back to topic......

If we go cashless,the coin collectors will stil exist. Old coins will still have value, and there will always be the jewelry to be found. So I expect metal detectors to hang around a litle while longer.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2015 04:09PM by Mike Hillis.
November 02, 2015 03:34PM
Since I won't take the mark of the beast I guess we will have to be a rebel lol and live with other like minded folks and there will have to be some type of bartering or moneys unless the Lord come s for me before then and it won't matter. Amen
November 02, 2015 04:32PM
The Government works for us we just let them do what ever they want to dosmoking smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 02, 2015 06:01PM
They'll do it to the maximum extent that they can, but I think a purely cashless society is many decades, if not hundreds of years away. I first see limiting purchases of over $X-hundreds to electronic transfer only.

If 'they' were able to mandate no cash, I see old silver/gold coinage and modern rounds of various metals being used as a barter currency. Lots of private individuals can make rounds of various metals.
November 02, 2015 07:08PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Government works for us we just let them do
> what ever they want to dosmoking smiley

I dont know about the US but lately in NZ it looks like the Govt are working for themselves and their corporate sponsers
November 02, 2015 07:09PM
Our government has been all about the money for several years now........ tax social vices like booze, gambling, smokes. Steal social securitty, obumer care to get back even more SS rather than allow us free medical. Id think if they can figure out how to tax credit cards and other internet transaction by doing away with cash no ones money would be safe.

I know there will always be relic hunters, old coin hunters, and jewerly hunters......... but there is a huge group that coin hunts.
November 02, 2015 10:08PM
Not to worry...we all will be dead if and when it ever happens....

Reminds me of he super intelligent guy I used to work with....was his relief and when I came to work saw him starring out the window in deep thought..
He said he was worried....about what I said...he honestly said I feel I am worrying about the wrong thing....go figger.....
wjs
November 02, 2015 11:08PM
Well said Mike. I was at a walmart the other day and went to one of those self checkout lines. It said no cash, debit or credit cards only. I dont know if it was because it was not working right or they are slowly trying to get away from cash use.
November 02, 2015 11:50PM
I would be satisfied if they would get rid of one dollar bills for coins. As for going cashless? I can see that day coming. Maybe a world currency all done with computers with no tangible bills to ever hold. Bit Coins? The wealth of the world is controlled by 500 families now. They should have their way to manipulate things easier. Anyone that thinks the government is in control is dreaming.