Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is the NEL Hunter 3 Freq coil for the X-Terra available in the U.S

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is the NEL Hunter 3 Freq coil for the X-Terra available in the U.S
November 03, 2015 11:42PM
Any dealers that sell this coil in the U.S.???

NEL Hunter 8.5 x 12.5

3 Freq's for the X-Terra

Sounds AWESOME!!!

I gotta have one!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Is the NEL Hunter 3 Freq coil for the X-Terra available in the U.S
November 04, 2015 12:17AM
Keith I see where one guy got one from Fortbedford detectors. Dealer Keith Leppert

[www.youtube.com]

Tom in SC
November 04, 2015 12:26AM
How cool is that? What determines which freq it's using since it's a single freq machine that I understand the coil dictates what freq it's running. Could it be using all 3 at once?
November 04, 2015 12:36AM
November 04, 2015 01:30AM
By the way the ad looks, it seems you can pick the frequency to run (3, 7.5, 18)...but it is still only using one frequency at a time.

So you basically get 3 single frequency coils in 1.
November 04, 2015 01:47AM
Yes its selectable....but one coil repalcing 3 !! Maybe..

I wonder how good the coils are...

The V-Flex coils from Minelab gives a very clean perfectly aligned freq and Digital data link.......

The NEL coils will have to be a manipulated freq or maybe its a broad band coil???and it tells the control box to turn on the different freq's that a V-Flex coil tells the machine to do when plugged in..

Seems you turn the unit on and off and press accept button within 2 seconds of startup and it cycles through the freq's for each episode done..

My inquiring mind wants to try one though...heck it might make a good all around coil if it works decent.. or heck it may work wonderfully..

My favorite coil for my 705 is the 5x10 DD HF.. its awesome in iron and in depth.. its a Button killer...And jumps all over seated dimes and injuns...

And my deep seeker is the 7.5 DD MF I would put that coil up against any unit on coin sized target's at depth..it loves 14 inch minnie balls..

Im wanting a DD waterpoof that will work in the surf...this Hunter may be the ticket ...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2015 02:45AM by Keith Southern.
November 04, 2015 02:37AM
Definetely a game changer for xterra users. Ive always been intrigued by them but the coil deal was a bit of a turn off. When I thought about getting one it seemed I'd just as soon get a flagship unit instead of dropping the extra money afterwards in coils. Kind of silly though as the 10.5" 7.5khz plus a tighter DD would cover it mainly.

Keith/Others, how are the sweep speed tolerances on the xterras? Can you cover open ground at a good clip? Apologies for thread jacking but my interest is piqued. Ive had another xterra user tell me about 14-15" minnies with the 7.5 and honestly just kind of nodded and moved on. Thats explorer / whites blue and grey .58 depth. Keith I value your take certainly.
November 04, 2015 03:35AM
Deadlift the sweepseed is very much like a tesoro..

It's very forgiving sweep speed wise in 2 tone mode...they label 2 tone as all metal 2 tone since it hears everything under the coil with either a grunt or high tone and also hears the wrap around targets like hot rocks and such at the end of the spectrum.....you can go at a good clip and still hear the deepies and also creep through iron and unmask very very very well..2 tone wide open no notching 30 sens will dig 14 inch .58's with the 7.5Khz 10.5 inch DD coil in the right soil that allows such..

Now the pospecting mode is something SPECTACULAR on the 705....it is a true all metal threshold based mode that's ULTRA DEEP ULTRA SMOOTH..Plus it has the added bonus of having a iron mask that filters in on top of the threshold...if its iron it will null the threshold for say targets in the first 6 - 7 inches...

its very unique ..you hunt in the SUPER DEEP prospecting threshold based all metal mode then the user adjustable iron mask will null the top layer iron .. but if its a good target in the top layer it just lets the threshold waver as normal...now deep iron and deep goodies will both waver the threshold....proepctors like it im sure ..a Relic hunter Loves it on open fields where super deep targets are at..it will go past the 14 inch mark on coin sized targets like the 5900s does on all metal mode if its the right dirt sites..

I truly feel the 705 is the best all around VLF on the open market..

It does so much very well...if it was waterproof Garrett would be back at the drawing board..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2015 09:45AM by Keith Southern.
November 04, 2015 08:33AM
A bit of discussion on a UK Forum here
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
November 04, 2015 11:19AM
Keith, I found the prospecting mode and iron mask on the 705 to be identical to the GPX sound and function. The one thing I didn't like was that the 10.5 DD and 5x10 DD were not waterproof. The 10.5 also felt clumsy and very poorly balanced. Many said turn the coil around, but it was kind of a deal breaker for me.

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Deadlift the sweepseed is very much like a
> tesoro..
>
> It's very forgiving sweep speed wise in 2 tone
> mode...they label 2 tone as all metal 2 tone since
> it hears everything under the coil with either a
> grunt or high tone and also hears the wrap around
> targets like hot rocks and such at the end of the
> spectrum.....you can go at a good clip and still
> hear the deepies and also creep through iron and
> unmask very very very well..2 tone wide open no
> notching 30 sens will dig 14 inch .58's with the
> 7.5Khz 10.5 inch DD coil in the right soil that
> allows such..
>
> Now the pospecting mode is something SPECTACULAR
> on the 705....it is a true all metal threshold
> based mode that's ULTRA DEEP ULTRA SMOOTH..Plus it
> has the added bonus of having a iron mask that
> filters in on top of the threshold...if its iron
> it will null the threshold for say targets in the
> first 6 - 7 inches...
>
> its very unique ..you hunt in the SUPER DEEP
> prospecting threshold based all metal mode then
> the user adjustable iron mask will null the top
> layer iron .. but if its a good target in the top
> layer it just lets the threshold waver as
> normal...now deep iron and deep goodies will both
> waver the threshold....proepctors like it im sure
> ..a Relic hunter Loves it on open fields where
> super deep targets are at..it will go past the 14
> inch mark on coin sized targets like the 5900s
> does on all metal mode if its the right dirt
> sites..
>
> I truly feel the 705 is the best all around VLF on
> the open market..
>
> It does so much very well...if it was waterproof
> Garrett would be back at the drawing board..
>
>
> Keith
November 04, 2015 03:59PM
Yes they are available but last I checked only Tornado was in stock. I will ask again.
November 04, 2015 06:14PM
I've fallen in love with the 10,5" DD 18,75 kHz coil and 2-tone.
Many say balance is off and I agree,...

But it finally dawned on me,... it needed an extension bracket. So I sniffled in the stainless scrap metal, found a clamp of a hedge trimmer.
Welded 5 minutes,... attached extension and hey presto. It swings like it should and balance is spot on.

The extension is located behind control box in the bend where the cable curls around the shaft.
The extension just peeps above the control box,... so in effect I'm attaching my bungee above the machine.

This turns this clumsy off balance unweildy thing into an effortless swing with a great swath and a coil that is lightly to skip over bumps.

I absolutely love this machine.

Don't reverse coils,... you need an extension thingy!!

HH
Johnb
November 04, 2015 06:58PM
Johnb you write well but a picture is SORELY needed!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 04, 2015 07:46PM
You just had to ask, didn't you LOL

Angles are a little off because I propped it up against the wall. It hangs in balance and at the swing angle when you lift it up by the bungee.

This setup prevents my tendinitis from flaring up after 4 hours of hunting.

HH
Johnb
November 04, 2015 09:19PM
Oh a harness! I though you meant you extended the middle rod which would only make the problem worse! Nice ingenuity!
November 09, 2015 05:05PM
Interesting design for sure! I wonder about adjustability of balance point with different weight coils. I just got a TDI and at 5.5 pounds it is very easy to swing, more so with a lighter than the stock 12 inch coil. It has me wondering if one could put an extension off the back or in the shaft that was weighted and could be adjusted to bring the balance point to neutral for each coil used.
Just a thought Johnb's invention brought back to me.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 09, 2015 07:15PM
Keith your love for the XTerra is music to my ears....still using mine as my main machine since 2008......my XP Deus is is just about to sell on Ebay.....but my old Xterra 70 is going nowhere!
I will probably buy the 3 frequency coil in the next few weeks....will report back if I do how well it does against my minelab coils. I have told many people over the years how deep the 10 inch 7.5KHZ coil is on good ground...dug some real deep finds over the years with that one....my favourite of late is the 10 inch 18.75Khz coil...loves gold rings on the beach and over here in Europe it jumps on hammered coins down to 8-9 inches,James
November 09, 2015 07:48PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> Interesting design for sure! I wonder about
> adjustability of balance point with different
> weight coils. I just got a TDI and at 5.5 pounds
> it is very easy to swing, more so with a lighter
> than the stock 12 inch coil. It has me wondering
> if one could put an extension off the back or in
> the shaft that was weighted and could be adjusted
> to bring the balance point to neutral for each
> coil used.
> Just a thought Johnb's invention brought back to
> me.

That was my first mod for a better swinging X-terra, a sliding collar with a weight that you can adjust for each coil to bring back te balance.
Sort of like the Excals that carry the control box behind the elbow.
Problem is that with a standard bungee attachment to the shaft, the X-terra control box tends to want to twist everything with it's off center weight.

With the bungee extension, I'll call it that. All the weight of the machine is located below the swing point.
Set up wright with a decent harness, dial in the bungee length and you swing the X-terra with the 10,5" coils with 2 fingers and a thumb.

Trick is,... stumbeled upon it by accident,... don't build the extension too sturdy,... the stainless steel needs a bit of spring to it.

Testament to me liking the HF 10,5" coil setup.
Swung it for 2 hours yesterday, picked up 4 coins 1700-ish and my first Roman coin. No problems with the shoulder today!!
I just love the machine for those low conductive coins and small pieces of weird shaped lead the romans left behind.
Telltale sign of roman presence.

HH
Johnb
November 09, 2015 09:16PM
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 09:21PM by Denari.
November 10, 2015 12:48AM
Good info James!!!

Let us Know how it goes...

I havent located one in the States in stock..So I will hold off till more reports come in...leary of buying from overseas with having to pay import taxes...I would end up with 300.00+ plus in a coil..

Yes the 7.5Khz 10.5 DD is a true BEAST...

I Run the 6x10 18.75Khz mostly on mine for site work and then the 7.5 Khz 10.5 for the deep work..Really the only two coils I need on the unit...

I cleaned a cavalry camp out one time a few years back in one day with the 7.5Khz 10.5 DD coil....I walked up on it and dug some rare bullets DEEEEEP.... foot plus... and got about 25 or so Deep Buttons and some odds and ends even a 1760 Hallmarked pewter spoon!..Ive been back to that spot a good bit and only 1 more bullet and maybe 3 more buttons....When I first hit it it was already hunted out for surface finds I could tell everything was deep except the nails they were at all levels..

So yes the 705 is a Great unit to have on hand...

I like to compare the 5x10 705 against the 5x10 F19 and the 5x10 Racer on in ground targets.. its quiet fun seeing the outcome..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 10, 2015 01:03AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
>
> I like to compare the 5x10 705 against the 5x10
> F19 and the 5x10 Racer on in ground targets.. its
> quiet fun seeing the outcome..
>
> Keith

What is the outcome?
November 10, 2015 03:44AM
RELICS!!!

But in all seriousness they all are different even the 19Khz F19 Vs the 18.75 Khz 705..

of the units listed with same size coils the 705 is the deepest in my area..

the F19 sees buttons the best actually any round lower conductor

the Racer For some reason although the lowest freq reports the lowest smallest conductors the best..

they all will find objects masked by iron though ...

I may also add the 705 ground tracking is SUPERB..the Racers is great but the 705 is fabulous..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla