Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rookie Question Tom

Posted by Dominic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Rookie Question Tom
September 26, 2010 11:14PM
Hi Tom,

I am using an F75 not LTD. Three times today I am out digging have a great quarter signal at 8 inches. So I dig and dig past 8 then 10 then 12 inches. MD still says the item is in the hole at the 8 inch depth. I move around to see if I pinpointed poorly but nope exactly where I am digging. Still nice solid back and forth ding ding ding. I am 14 inches down and nothing still dinging, what is it? A large hunk of metal down deep, please help.

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Rookie Question Tom
September 26, 2010 11:42PM
Sorry, can't help, want the answer cause had that happen a few time, but I think you might be right about a deep large item, HELLO Tom what do you have on this..
Re: Rookie Question Tom
September 27, 2010 07:08PM
USUALLY..............a heavily tilted (almost completely on-edge) coin..............in the SIDE of the hole.

If possible...............if the hole is large enough...................pull the trigger (invoke pinpoint)...............then dunk the coil in the hole at a 45-Deg angle. Rotate the coil in the hole........and see if the audio pitch increases in one certain spot (((sidewall of the hole))). Also......... see if the audio pitch increases as the coil is dunked deeper into the hole........indicating that the target is indeed deeper in the hole.